Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BangShift Poll: Is the Forthcoming V6 EcoBoost Powered Mustang Cool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BangShift Poll: Is the Forthcoming V6 EcoBoost Powered Mustang Cool?

Re: BangShift Poll: Is the Forthcoming V6 EcoBoost Powered Mustang Cool?

I like it.

Comment

I'd drive it.
      But if they really want to do something put the EcoBoost in an all wheel drive Focus!

Comment

fail,,
        drop the 5.0 and turbo's in..

Comment

Its cool if thats the base model for about 24 grand.If thats the new "forced" GT someone from Ford
          should go over to capitol hill and start raising some hell.

Comment

I hate the name. Hate, hate, hate hate the name. >

Comment

Originally posted by bnjny
              I like it.
              I agree..and I do not really like any six but flat.

they built fo lean and that means strong, although they need to make v6 strong anyway, they never balance. This turned out to be the savior for the gm 4.3 in trucks as well..crazy crank ran a long time, against logic.

given how crazy the rice world is with small stuff, I like these v6 compared to that realm, they still win as american. Still crazy.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Do a small volume limited run, add IRS, keep the weight low, they might have a winner on their hands.
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

I think it is awesome and the aftermarket WILL GO NUTS with go faster parts.
                  Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                  1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                  1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                  1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                  1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                  1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I see a repeat of the svo
                    sorry ford WAIT till the cafe standards force this type of car on us..
                    it's kool and all. but a twin blown v8 would be better..
                    hope ford fixed there trannys to live behind this,, or is this gonna have "torque management" so you can't use the engine even if you want to, unless you retune and viod your warranty

Comment

I wonder how bad they will have to detune it to get only 350 when they start with over 300... is should make enough torque to be very interesting though. Sadly, I bet it will retail north of the GT, which will put it out of my range.

Comment

If it's the V6 or at least between V6 and GT, okay. If they spike the price or try to claim it as the GT, sorry.
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

The SVO was 25 years ahead of it's time for the market place. This car seems to be right on time but, like everyone has said, price is going to be the deciding factor I think.

I like the IRS idea, let the 5.0 be the nuckle dragger, and make the twice blown car dance around corners.
                          Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
                            If it's the V6 or at least between V6 and GT, okay. If they spike the price or try to claim it as the GT, sorry.
                            Remember when we had engine options? Lots of them? I could see it as an option for the GT.. or call it an LX ?! Ford seems to be trying to revive this concept... something "between"

I like it, but I sure would like to see the MSRP not eclipse the GT.

Comment

will it out run an 87 GN ? 89 Turbo Trans Am ? Syclone ?

Comment

Working...
                              X