Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BangShift Poll: Is the Forthcoming V6 EcoBoost Powered Mustang Cool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BangShift Poll: Is the Forthcoming V6 EcoBoost Powered Mustang Cool?

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
    will it out run an 87 GN ? 89 Turbo Trans Am ? Syclone ?

Boy, you see tons of all of them around today. Yeah, rarely do you see a Mustang of that era on the street today, no matter how fast they are/were ;D

Ford will most likely build more twice blown Mustangs in the first model year than all those GM gasket blowers put together
    Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Pretty sure a brandy new stock V6 Mustang or Camaro could damn near handle the GN. The Camaros are in the 13.70s with a cold air kit and a set of drag radials. On the hard factory rubber and dead stock they run 14-ohs
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Spidey did make a good point though. All 3 of those are badass musclecars/trucks with turbo 6's. There is a market for them if they are done right.
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

If the mustang runs like the ecoboosted F150 I drove then sign me up. ;D

Comment

;D I still think they should call it MUSTANG LIGHT! You know, all the gusto, fewer calories! :-)

The 2011 Mustang is already vastly improved on the track, now that they've got the live rear axle figured out. Take 200lbs off the front end and ditch the 115 mph governor (for the V6), and you have an awsome machine that (sorry) the current GT can pull ahead of in the long straights but lose the race in the curves! (imo - anyway it will be a fun competition).

Comment

Working...
            X