Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking News: Barry Grant out of business.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News: Barry Grant out of business.

Re: Breaking News: Barry Grant out of business.

Again :
    Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Uh... wow?
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Hope BG/Demon restructures under new ownership or whatever's possible, and does carry on.

Not a good thing to leave Holley in the "Big-Dog" near-monopoly position.

It was Barry pushing the envelope that upped the expectations/standards for carbs.

Hope all will be well.

Comment

Is it me or was he having "financial" issues well before the economic collapse ??? Like to see it keep going I was looking forward to that "Badman" carb system.

Comment

I'm not surprised. When half of North America struggles with house payments, there's little enough left over for high performance car parts. Pity though.

Comment

BG wasn't really known for his customer-service I recall.
              Maybe he can look into outsourcing his stuff like everyone else these does days and perhaps come back as "Bally Glant"...
              www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I was forwarded a copy of his Chapter 7 supplier and dealer notification letter. They are just gone. Hopefully someone will purchase the assets and restart the companies best products with new team and capitalization similar to Crane Cams.

Time will tell. I heard a rumor that Edelbrock was in trouble too.
                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

The press release I'd seen implied a lot of his tooling was wearing out and he couldn't afford to maintain it, which would mean the intellectual property is about all they have of value.

They're pretty near us, but I don't think I can talk the boss into having DIYAutoTune.com expanding into carbs.

Comment

I remember him taking a big hit back when he lost SummitRacing as a distributor years back. He had a cool wagon being done at Rad Rides by Troy and had to put a stop to it after that. It's too bad the economy is hurting so many businesses, competition is good for both R&D advancement and the consumer.
                    Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Barry Grant could use a little bailout from Barry obama? This economy is still in the toilet and the white house is still fudging numbers trying to fake an economic recovery. When gasoline hits $4.00 a gallon, again, the economy is going to tank even worse than before. People will have to put every penny they have into the gas tank just to get to work and keep their jobs. No discretionary income, just like a couple years back.

Comment

Originally posted by Wideglid80
                        Barry Grant could use a little bailout from Barry obama? This economy is still in the toilet and the white house is still fudging numbers trying to fake an economic recovery. When gasoline hits $4.00 a gallon, again, the economy is going to tank even worse than before. People will have to put every penny they have into the gas tank just to get to work and keep their jobs. No discretionary income, just like a couple years back.
                        I just heard 5.00 on the news, projected for your summer fun. It still kind of sucks to see the company go under.

Comment

looks like holley can go back to building crap now..

Comment

keeps braswell open

Comment

Well it doesn't surprise me either! Just put gas in my old cavalier tonight before the gas hike again, here in Toronto!! I guess more Performance Companies will be going out of business!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X