No announcement yet.

Event Gallery: The Owl's Head Transportation Museum's Snow Movers Exhibition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Gallery: The Owl's Head Transportation Museum's Snow Movers Exhibition

Re: Event Gallery: The Owl's Head Transportation Museum's Snow Movers Exhibition

I have to say, as cool as the Lombard steamer is, the museum' s Model T truck with tracks, and the bait shop Model A on tracks would have to be my favorites.

It looks as though the museum has added more lighting inside, it was pretty dark for picture taking back in 1997 when I was there.

My dad use to say "Walters, 100% Traction, 50% Power". Not sure if they ever put more than 200hp under the hood.

Very cool pictures, thanks for going Bruab!
    Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Re: Event Gallery: The Owl's Head Transportation Museum's Snow Movers Exhibition

All that rusty water pouring out of the cylinder vent valve on the Lombard machine doesn't look good. Did they let the valve freeze up, then allow water to collect? They didn't try to push the thing to go, with water in the cylinder did they? I sure hope not.

Looks to me like this machine has had a rather low budget fix up. I not a LOT of flat black paint applied in general and a fair bit of rust on parts that should be shiny and polished. The valve-gear for example.

I absolutely love steam engines of all sorts. I hate to be a negative Norbert, but I don't think I'd hang around that particular machine too long. If it's a bit cobbled together on the outside, I wonder what the inside of the boiler looks like? They need to be tested hydrostatically from time to time.

Fortunately a good time was had by all apparently. particularly liked the tracked Ford tractor. There are a lot of them in Saskatchewan, often the basis of the local Snowplow-Club. (Group of citizens get together to provide snow removal services for community, everyone pitches in to buy tractor, maintain it and pay driver. Was very popular in the 1st half of the 20th century.)

Comment

Dig the self-propeled outhouse. Steampunk to the max.
        Shelter animals make great pets

Comment

Working...
        X