Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BangShift Poll: Do You Care About the Geneva Motor Show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BangShift Poll: Do You Care About the Geneva Motor Show?

Re: BangShift Poll: Do You Care About the Geneva Motor Show?

I'll even go so far as to say I don't give two flying rats about any production car over $35k since I'll never buy one, that's half of a 3 bedroom house in the rust belt (or a nice diesel work truck! or 10K shy of a real 74 superduty in driver condition). Aventadore? more like AventaBORE.

Now... stuff like the egyptian J8 or diesel hilux or australian utes?... YES, that we need coverage of, everything else, not so much.

Hell, in the time it took to type this rant, Porsche released 3 more editions, that'd be half the front page of BS plus Brian would have to start wearing those pointy long toe shoes and pre-bleached designer jeans at autoshows. None of us want that.
    Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

I think John pretty much sum it all up thre for me. Build something that doesn't rust where it matters, and is designed to be repaired easier, I mite get interested.

At 5 bucks a gallon this summer, cars and trucks are going to leave a bad taste in everyones mouth, so seeing the latest and greatest is like salt in the wound lol.
      Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Where's Geneva?

:D
        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

No.

But I do care rather a lot about how some of the latest sponsorships will drive the focus and tone of this blog. I understand that it costs money to host a site, I host one myself at my own expense. If it gets to the point where everything posted has a sponsor attached to it, I'm going to re-evaluate the value of things.

Also, may I suggest rolling the forum into the blog or vice versa? If you're wanting to see the videos, you have to be on the blog. If you want to comment, you have to be in the forum. It's annoying having to have two windows open.

Comment

I'm one of those weirdos that likes Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and many other furrin' cars. I got no beef with the big shows, it's cool to see what others are coming out with.
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

I would love to go to the big autoshows, geneva, tokyo auto salon, detroit, frankfurt just to see what the rest of the world has to offer. Its like watching the networks big 3 evening news, you dont see the big picture of it all, just a small portion. By going to the homelands manufactures you get to see it all other than 2 or 3 pieces at the local autoshows
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I really could'nt care about the Geneva show, mainly because the cars tend to be ultra expensive exotics or goofy concepts. BUT....... I do believe they should always send a photographer to the show to take very detailed close ups
                of the models. They are the hottest.

Comment

I have been to that show on two separate trips. It is held at the PalExpo Convention Center, just a few steps from the International Airport. I worked for BMW for thirty four years, so it was kind of fun so see what the European competition was doing. Yeah, we probably won't see 90% of the cars displayed there in the USA, but I think all gearheads would enjoy it. The place is huge, and takes all day to take it in.

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Working...
                    X