Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Goliath Update: The Truck Gets Legalized and Then Heads to the Steel Surgeons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Project Goliath Update: The Truck Gets Legalized and Then Heads to the Steel Surgeons

the floors are that bad and the rockers are not bondo

Comment

Re: Project Goliath Update: The Truck Gets Legalized and Then Heads to the Steel Surgeons

huh?

The rockers are steel and are about as thick as tissue paper. You can jam your fingers through them like paper. From rocker to rocker, it is all getting replaced, including the under cab support beams and the mounting arms on the frame.
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

mine has just a small hole at the footwell seam pass side, about 1.5"
        and the rocker outers

Comment

It's the big tires, and where they threw all the salt and crap right up at the floor. The rot is exactly in the line of fire from the wheels. The mount probably punched through years ago, at least it looks like it.

Comment

Love this truck, not for what it can be..but for what it is...you're a brave man for buying a truck sans title. I would not have wanted to deal with that potential nightmare.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I didn't know the Registry let you put Antique plates on somthing that big.

Comment

Hey, when you tell them it is a half ton....

KIDDING...the truck is legally registered as a C50. You can put antique plates on a big rig, so long as it is not going to be used as a big rig and is a limited use vehicle.

Comment

Really glad to see this thing getting the surgery that it needs. Rust repair sucks. Look what I've been doing to my old F350 dump truck over the last month:

The driver's side welded in:

The passenger side needs a little more work:

Donor rocker from my parts truck:

Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                    It's the big tires, and where they threw all the salt and crap right up at the floor. The rot is exactly in the line of fire from the wheels. The mount probably punched through years ago, at least it looks like it.
                    Once the surgery is complete, you might want to think about putting spray-on (or roll-on) bed liner on the bottom of the floors. I bet that would be a good barrier to salt, and make a good sound deadener too.

Comment

The Dr. is in! :o
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Shannon
                        Once the surgery is complete, you might want to think about putting spray-on (or roll-on) bed liner on the bottom of the floors. I bet that would be a good barrier to salt, and make a good sound deadener too.
                        I was thinking the same thing, top and bottom. (except for the bolt in center panel)

Brian

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, top and bottom. (except for the bolt in center panel)

Brian
                          bottom,, it's fine
                          top I'd use lizard skin
                          bed liner stinks when in the hot sun and a closed area

Comment

Heck, the way the gas prices are going, it probably cost you more to fill the tank on the beast, than it cost to order the floorpans!

-Derek

Comment

Brian
                              That's what I'm doing to my dump truck as well. I'm using Duplicolor spray in liner in an aerosol can. The stuff has proven pretty tough over the many years that I've been using it. I've done a lot of cab floors with it (ironically, I've never used it on a bed floor).
                              Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Ironically, your photos of the dump truck repir somehow triggered a panic in me that I had forgotten to order the outer rockers...and I did. :-[

Just placed the order this morning. Thanks for making me think of that! :D

Comment

Working...
                                X