Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BangShift Question of the Day: What's Your Favorite Vintage Drag Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BangShift Question of the Day: What's Your Favorite Vintage Drag Car?

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

saw this at the Gatornats this past weekend.

it's suppose to be one of the first blown cars. notice the blower is in front of the engine, driven directly off the crank. the engine is a 283 chevy bored to, i think, 352, but otherwise pretty mild. the owner even drove it (slowly) down the track, so it runs.
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

maybe one of the first blown rails, but Bentley put superchargers in the front as far as I can find back to 1927, and around the same time a 540 Benz had a front mount compressor...

Comment

It's a tie for me between Glidden's Pro Stock Pinto and the first factory Shelby DragonSnake
          Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Phil Bonners 427 AFX Falcon , Daddy Warbucks.
            It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

Hemi Darts have got to be some of the coolest drag car on the planet.

Comment

(Picking only one is impossible)
                ------------------------------

Exceptionally amazing "every-man" cars:

1.) The MONSTER MASH '55 Chevy

2.) Bill Jenkins '66 Chevy II (or his '67 Camaro L-78)

3.) Bobby Warren's Nova (circa 1972)

------------------------------------------------------------

Milestone Cars that Rocked the Boat:

5.) The Gapp & Roush TIJUANA TAXI

6). Buddy Ingersoll's Buick

7.) The MOPAR MISSILE(s)

Comment

The Big Animal is my favorite. This car still sits in Animal Jim Feurer's shop just as it was last shut off in 1979. Still has rubber stuck to the rear quarters.

Comment

grumpys toy vega first in so many ways,,,

Comment

This is definitely my favorite race car of all time, the Candies and Hughes '69 Barracuda fastback. I grew up in Houma, Louisiana and lived near Leonard Hughes. As a kid I thought that it was by far the coolest thing that I had ever seen. He would work on it under his carport, the chassis up on jackstands, the fiberglass body laying in the lawn, and the ramp truck parked in the ditch out in front of his house.

The next year they built a brand new shop in Houma, these pictures were taken there in April of 1970 when the Snake came to town. It was right after the Gatornationals when they won and took runner up, they still had both cars in their shop. They used to let us drop in and watch them work on the funny cars. In the middle picture that's Leonard Hughes standing next to the car talking to Prudhomme. In the second picture that's Paul Candies standing in the doorway.

Comment

Working...
                      X