No announcement yet.

Engine Tech: How a programmable ignition can make anyone look like a pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Engine Tech: How a programmable ignition can make anyone look like a pro

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
    Originally posted by Tom Slick
    since I took my Geritol this morning, I can say "Yay Tech!"

"Please sir, may I have some more?"
    Hell, yes you can! Chad ran a slew of tests over the two days we were on the dyno last month and we'll be running the stories each week. We have lots of carb tuning stuff, some interesting testing involving power drains from accessories, nitrous stuff, etc. It is neato junk!

We're on the schedule for two more days coming up soon to keep the stuff coming.

Brian
    Awesome.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

IMO, you wouldn't want to use a programmable ignition with vacuum advance - all of the programmable MSD ignitions I've seen, allowed a simple/cheap MAP sensor attachment that lets you reference vacuum for ignition control.
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Thanks Chad and Dieselgeek...
        About the Vacuum Advance - I tried getting some advice about this from MSD, they claimed it can be done with the MAP sensor, but kept sending me wrong graphs on how it's done. I looked into it and this specific unit can only support boost retard. If you use the 1 bar map sensor you can sort of fake something that doesn't really look very effective.
        I am aware their programmable distributor allows VA, but this unit is different. That's why I thought about leaving the VA in the dist.
        Thanks,
        Ran

Comment

Working...
        X