Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BangShift Question of the Day: What's the Best Sounding Internal Combustion Engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BangShift Question of the Day: What's the Best Sounding Internal Combustion Engine?

CanAm at full throttle! ;D

Comment

Re: BangShift Question of the Day: What's the Best Sounding Internal Combustion Engine?

high compression nascar 357 all 43 going into turn one at once..
      a sound you can't hear today..
      makes the Indy cars sound tame,,
      like a fart can ricer to a big block not even in the same league

Comment

When I was stationed on a warship, the LM2500's spinning up to full power. It usually meant we were breaking off from whatever assignment we'd been on and were heading home.

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick
          CanAm at full throttle! ;D
          I hear ya ;).

The Big Bangers at Hockenheim for the Jim Clark Revival 2006 - serious V8 Engine Sound and 2.0l Backfire. March Chevron Osella Lola At the Orwell Supersp...

Comment

either a gen I HEMI at idle through glass packs or a 68 SS HEMI on a pass

Comment

Rolls Royce Merlins cranking up on cold English morning (Spitfire or Hurricane...or P-51 ;D )

A 3350 or 4360 radial starting up or at full song around the pylons at Reno

'68 Mopar 340 through original (slightly blown out) mufflers. The cam grind on a '68 4spd Dart or Barracuda was unique. Or maybe it was just my Dads car that crackled, popped and rumbled like that....

The only cool sounding jet I've ever heard was an F-14D doing a dog and pony show....inverted at the top of a loop and the low moan those engines made......sent shivers up my spine.

Just about any engine can sound really good with the right exhaust and tune....and RPM.

Comment

Working...
              X