Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done: National Speed Sport News Ceases Publication

Re: Done: National Speed Sport News Ceases Publication

As stated in my other post about NSSN, it's just a damn shame.
    No one covered auto racing better than Speed Sport.
    Hell, it's a damn institution of epic proportions for all the little guy racers bumping around tracks on a Saturday night in their late model stockers. Where else would they get their names in print?
    I loved reading all the columns from Dave Argabright and Gary Loudon - they were always insightful even if I didn't agree with their conclusions.
    I quit watching NASCAR years ago, but kept up with all the rules changes and news in the pages of Speed Sport.
    They even covered Bonneville once, but that's a hard series to report on regularly.
    The core of it all was Economaki - the guy was racing news and history walking the pits with a pad and tape recorder, getting the story and telling it straight. Chris is a frickin god in the auto racing pantheon.
    We will be the poorer for the absence of Speed Sport News, I'm telling ya. The website may live on, but it doesn't hold a candle to having that rag in your hand once a week.
    Tony Stewart saved Eldora Speedway - someone like him should have saved Speed Sport.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

You have to remember that the print media is a dying breed. I still get my local paper every morning, but it sure takes a lot shorter time to read it in the "reading room" than it did a few years ago. The times they are a 'changing.

Comment

I am sick and tired of that old shit.
        It ain't dead yet, and until then - someone should have kept NSSN alive.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Working...
        X