X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BangShift Question of the Day: What's the Worst Car You Have Ever Owned

Re: BangShift Question of the Day: What's the Worst Car You Have Ever Owned

1980 toyota corrola
    a tin can on wheels,, good thing it was a standard, for push starts as it ate starters..
    had it a total of 9 months, and it felt like a lifetime..

Comment

2001 Toyota Corrolla. Threw a rod at 95,000. I thought I was clever buying a "well built" Jap car. Never again.

Comment

Toss up between the 1974 Mustang II and the 1971 Pinto (almost the same cars).

Comment

In 1981 I bought a 74 Firebird with only 25k on it.Come to find out the miles were all in town and my job at the time required alot of highway driving.Almost everytime I went out of town it would break down.I replaced or rebuilt the brakes,radiator,tranny, exhaust,water pump,starter etc.Sold it with 30k on it and never looked back.

Comment

Hands down, the worst vehicle I ever owned was a 1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. In the short 3 years I owned it, I replaced the water pump, the transmission, the transfer case, the radiator, the tailgate power window motor, all four power window tracks, the fuel pump and every single one of the rocker arm pivots.

I ended up selling it to a kid from western Kansas who saw the ad in the newspaper. He drug his dad all the way to Carbondale to pick it up. On the way home, he hit a deer and totalled the Jeep. That vehicle was cursed.

I will never own another one.

Ron
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I am ashamed to admit it, but I owned a 1984 Pontiac Phoenix (Version of the Citation), Just awful fit and finish, no performance to speak off and the doors and hatchback leaked. I traded it for a 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE (V6) which proceeded to catch fire and burn, making it the second worse car I ever owned.

Comment

she still has it, so I better shut up

or find another one to talk about. The chevette I put a V6 into comes to mind, although it was fun and mostly reliable transport. The 65 gmc was pretty bad with the cross fire injection, but was ok after I put a carb on it. rusted out everywhere, bad seats, suspension completely wore out, hard to shift sm465, etc.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I'm doing pretty good I think considering I'll have to say my Skylark is the worse I've owned :P Centurion has been dead nuts reliable with only a hiccup here or there. T-bird is much the same (been driving it in the last week when there isn't snow...). The only car I don't still have is a '69 Firebird, and that car was great.

The '87 Jeep seems to be a jewel in the rough. Has a few issues, but nothing that would make me call it the most worthless POS on the planet, not even close.
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I own a 1992 miata. :-[ There is no easy/nice way to put it. ITS GAY. plain and simple. Rattles, squeaks, smokes. I bought it to make a road racer out of it and just have not had the time or money. Other then the fact that it is one of the best cornering cars I have ever owned, it is a flaming pile of crap.

On second thought, man that thing is fun to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by mloboda
                      2001 Toyota Corrolla. Threw a rod at 95,000. I thought I was clever buying a "well built" Jap car. Never again.
                      the 96 corsica I had with a four cyl was just as bad. 96k violently failed coasting down a hill... with an automatic transmission (no engine braking audible) my only dive into modern sideways and efi, four banger....

last chance. never again.

EVER.
                      who cares what country it is from, as far as I am concerned.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

83 Mercury LN7, bought it off my sister's fiance, now ex husband. should have known better....
                        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Seeing as I haven't had many, it may be a tie between my current DD, a '98 Sebring and my first DD, a '95 Avenger. The Sebring has a V6, so that's a little better than the Avenger, and it hasn't left me stranded or had any major repairs yet. It's just small and slow, and anything electrical may or may not work. The compass in the mirror I've seen on twice, the fog lights don't work, cruise control's broke, and the a/c turns on with the defrost. All things I can live with, though not as well built as my Stratus was.

Comment

POS Buick LeSabre that my in-laws gave the lovely Donna and I to "help us out." Spun bearings on the original engine and the replacement engine in about 6 months time. Gave the piece of crap away.

What really hurt...they gave my angry brother-in-law $10K to "even things out."

What a pile.

Comment

My wife's Land Rover Discovery 2. Couldn't drive it more than 3000 miles without something breaking that cost at least $1000 to fix. That's not even counting the things I could fix myself in the interim. We finally sold it cheap just to get it out of our lives and bought a Nissan Murano. This is in sharp contrast to my Discovery 1. ~250k on it and the only problem was a water pump, alternator, and p.s. hose all around 190k. To be fair I did change out all of the the hoses and belt at the same time, figured it should be good for another 200k. lol

I have unfortunately been a purveyor of foul turdbuckets in my youth... Naturally being a broke kid they were all probably pretty used up by the time i got them, but still. Among the Junkers:

Pontiac Astre...'Nuff said

K-car...not with the good Mitsubishi engine, but the thrashy Chrysler one. Would only run for about 2 hours at a time, then would time itself out for about 30 minutes, then run another 2 hours. Had it to the dealer many times and they never figured it out. Gave it to my sister and she promptly gave it the Vulcan death grip putting it out of our misery

Oldsmobile Toronado- I loved this car, it hated me. Climate control panel was always acting up (vacuum systems suck...literally!) Water pump shaft broke sending the fan through the radiator, would eat Delco spark plugs with alarming regularity (the reason I switched to autolites and use them exclusively to this day) broke a cv joint with no warning on Christmas Eve when I was on my way back to the old home. Sad thing is I'd replaced its companion that was clicking like a typing pool, always replace the pair, no matter what it costs was the lesson I learned that night. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X