Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roadside Find: A Killer 1953 Dodge Dually Truck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadside Find: A Killer 1953 Dodge Dually Truck!

Re: Roadside Find: A Killer 1953 Dodge Dually Truck!

:D

our intrepid four year old companion yelled out, "Dad, COOL old truck!" Often this is a 1996 Ford or something, because after all, he is four.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

looks like peterbuilt front fenders on the bed

and if stock it's a inline 6 flathead

Comment

I've seen 2. One was sitting in the woods with bullet holes in it at my grandfather's farm, I was hoping to pull it out of there someday, but it went to the junkyard along with the '57 Buick special and an old combine when scrap prices were sky high a few years ago. It had a wooden flatbed and straight six.
        The other one was restored, also a wooden flatbed. It was in a car cruise and it looked cool from above because he had something painted on the bed. Haven't seen it since though.
        The fenders do look like they could have been on the front of a big rig at some point

Comment

This is what the original fenders may have looked like.

The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Power Wagon from that era....they had the rounded rear fenders, but they were narrow for big single wheels

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Got one in a field that looks just about exactly like Schtauffer's. Rust colored and all. Our's is a 1952, ex farm truck, inline 6 flathead, wood bed, and ugly...

Comment

Originally posted by nxpress62
                Got one in a field that looks just about exactly like Schtauffer's. Rust colored and all. Our's is a 1952, ex farm truck, inline 6 flathead, wood bed, and ugly...
                does it need a new home ?
                Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I'm guessing here, but.......

When I was a kid (back in the stone age) there were special HD dually pickup trucks running around. They were used (seemingly exclusively) as newspaper delivery trucks. Those papers were heavy and dense - a lot of weight in a relatively small space. The trucks also had to be tough as they saw daily duty whether rain or snow or dark of night. The ones in our neighborhood toted The Detroit Free Press in the early morning and The Detroit News in the evening. I remember them as being Fords but I suppose Dodge certainly could have made them too.

So I'm thinking this may have been a newspaper delivery truck.

Dan

Comment

My dad just sold his '54 Job Rated which had a 9' box on it. The power wagon and this pickup have the same box sides if they are short like this red one. Sadly the bed is worth more to the power wagon guys than the whole pickup is worth. The bed off the '54 ended up on my dads power wagon.

Comment

I still have brand new lightly tinted one piece windows for one of these pilot house pickups if anyone is in need. I had a 1950 project that went south and had to get rid of it.
                      Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Working...
                      X