Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BangShift Poll: Are T-Buckets Cool?

Re: BangShift Poll: Are T-Buckets Cool?

We had one and had a blast with it. We went a little different with it and put a Ford Six in it, had plenty of power! Took it on the Power Tour in 2001, did over 5000 miles that trip!

Ours handled great, was easy to stop, and steered great. We didn't overpower huge tires and make it a rolling time bomb. It drove at 110 as nice as it handled at 30. We towed a trailer with all the gear necessary for a long trip including the coats and rain gear we wouldn't have needed in an enclosed car. The only thing I thought was a downside of driving it was the suspension was a bit harder than other cars.

Comment

I voted yes, the one pictured I like more than the ones with brass lanterns. I really dont care for the ones with a major nose dive either. I like em but I guess its more about how they are built and while zoomies are cool I kinda like side pipes.

Comment

Originally posted by RealSteelFreak
        I voted yes, the one pictured I like more than the ones with brass lanterns. I really dont care for the ones with a major nose dive either. I like em but I guess its more about how they are built and whole zoomies are cool I kinda like side pipes.
        I voted no, but this all may boil down to semantics. What is a "T-Bucket" I agree with RealSteelFreak in that I don't like ht brass lantern, nose dive cars with massive rear tires and skinny fronts. These are what I think of first when I hear "T-Bucket" and I really do not care for them. Now, if a "T" roadster body is low to the ground, with a track front end and a trutle deck in back, I think, no I know, I could live with it.. It is just that I never considered a hot rod like that a T-bucket.

Comment

I have always liked T Buckets. Yes, there are some real ugly/badly proportioned examples out there but, that could be said about all models.

To throw my hat into the ring here is the latest one that we built. It belongs to my nephew and I. Runs a 270 GMC six with 5 single barrel carbs. 4 speed muncie and 4:11 LSD rear. Lots of fun.
          8)

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts
            Originally posted by RealSteelFreak
            I voted yes, the one pictured I like more than the ones with brass lanterns. I really dont care for the ones with a major nose dive either. I like em but I guess its more about how they are built and whole zoomies are cool I kinda like side pipes.
            I voted no, but this all may boil down to semantics. What is a "T-Bucket" I agree with RealSteelFreak in that I don't like ht brass lantern, nose dive cars with massive rear tires and skinny fronts. These are what I think of first when I hear "T-Bucket" and I really do not care for them. Now, if a "T" roadster body is low to the ground, with a track front end and a trutle deck in back, I think, no I know, I could live with it.. It is just that I never considered a hot rod like that a T-bucket.
            Thats the thing , the track roadsters get thrown into the mix. And when the floppy tops are thrown on them(the trad T's) that kind of kills it for me also.

Comment

It's all about how you build it. I built mine to drive, put 13K miles on it in three years. It was comfortable, handled and stopped great. Drove it 800 miles to Louisville NSRA Nats and 600 miles to Columbus GGs, both trips were done in one day.

This was Columbus '07

http://sites.google.com/site/arrowheadshotrodsite/

Comment

Ivo's Tbucket, Starbird's Big T, and the Kookie Car are all classics of the style.
                I don't see who anyone could hate on Tbuckets.
                And as for the safety argument - let's talk motorcyles, OK?
                Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I'm kinda digging the SUV version.

Comment

YES

Comment

If you hafta ask...

Comment