X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Widow of Neal Parker Suing Old Bridge Raceway Park

Originally posted by Tazracing
    Originally posted by horsewidower
    So should she be suing the "I" estate cause he made the decision to imperil himself?
    she should be suing no one..
    We can certainly agree on that!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tazracing
      thats why you sign the waver
      if she wins. it'll be the death of that and many other tracks..
      I hope not, but have this sinking feeling that you're right.
      Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

As a former Winston Champion and avid drag racer, my thoughts on this accident should bring to light the inherent dangers associated with high speed drag racing.
        My inner thought however is one of sadness for the passing of a good drag racer.
        My prayers are for the family he left behind who I am sure miss his presence on a day to day basis.
        There is no cause, as far as I can see to attack his family, and darken his image with a tirade of innuendo, and stupidity.
        The NHRA drag racing fraternity as a whole should show some respect for the family, and what they do with the lawsuit is their business and not ours.
        Perhaps some good can come of this accident to make it a safer sport, and one with a look to the future, not the mistakes of the past.
        I raced at Englishtown many, many times and foud that facility to be top notch, however I never did venture into the sand trap or hit the barrels or gate that blocks the rear exit.
        I don't even try to understand why the chute did not deploy, or the car was accelerating after the 1320.
        These things I guess will come out in the forth coming negligence suit, and we can learn from it. Nuff Said RIP

Comment

^^^^^^ ifit was only that easy..

remember don't spill a coffee on yourself at mc d's..
          courts don't always rule with common sense..

I respect the family and the spouse more than the laywer that talked them/her into thinking they have a case..
          R.I.P.

Comment

As it was explained to me, after the dust settles the survivor(s) realizes they don't have the dough or means after the fact to go through the rest of life as they had expected. They haven't got the jing. Before the year's up they're persuaded to call a lawyer, hell it's free.....It's the down side of most of us being able to get elderly. We've all become financial planners.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
              As a former Winston Champion and avid drag racer, my thoughts on this accident should bring to light the inherent dangers associated with high-speed drag racing.
              My inner thought however is one of sadness for the passing of a good drag racer.
              My prayers are for the family he left behind who I am sure miss his presence on a day-to-day basis.
              RIP
              I agree with you this far. And Mark, I agree with you again.

Frivolous lawsuits hurt each and every one of us. I doubt that Mr. Parker, a man who was more than well aware of the "inherent dangers associated with high-speed drag racing" would look kindly upon those that would file this kind of action. If they weren't his kin.

I think its more than reasonable that a forum dedicated to vehicle performance would look askance at a litigous attack on a track. What if Earnhardt's widow had done it, Kalitta's, Senna's? Motorsport is dangerous, its part of the allure, its part of the adrenaline rush, its why millions of people watch on a weekly basis. Its why millions participate.

I think your heart is in the right place, but I fear for our sport every time our sport is placed in the hands of an uneducated judge and jury, and then ask them what should be the standard of care.

Remember, its an inherently dangerous activity. Do we really want them to decide whether we're allowed to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by horsewidower
                Originally posted by [email protected]
                As a former Winston Champion and avid drag racer, my thoughts on this accident should bring to light the inherent dangers associated with high-speed drag racing.
                My prayers are for the family he left behind who I am sure miss his presence on a day-to-day basis.
                RIP
                I agree with you this far. And Mark, I agree with you again.

Frivolous lawsuits hurt each and every one of us. I doubt that Mr. Parker, a man who was more than well aware of the "inherent dangers associated with high-speed drag racing" would look kindly upon those that would file this kind of action. If they weren't his kin.

I think its more than reasonable that a forum dedicated to vehicle performance would look askance at a litigous attack on a track. What if Earnhardt's widow had done it, Kalitta's, Senna's? Motorsport is dangerous, its part of the allure, its part of the adrenaline rush, its why millions of people watch on a weekly basis. Its why millions participate.

I think your heart is in the right place, but I fear for our sport every time our sport is placed in the hands of an uneducated judge and jury, and then ask them what should be the standard of care.

Remember, its an inherently dangerous activity. Do we really want them to decide whether we're allowed to do it?
                well said

Comment

The only time I could possibly see this getting gray is if it was proved that a track took short cuts on safety to save money.
                  The reason we don't street race is because we don't want to hurt others and we have some expectation of safety for ourselves in an area designed for our activities.
                  Even then, we are on our own. But to be honest, how many guys go to the end of a track and say, "man that doesn't look safe, I'm not racing here."
                  Actually, how many guys show up at their local track, not feel comfortable about the conditions (car, weather, track prep) and still race?

I agree that the responsibility rests on the racers shoulders, but I still want the track to feel that they need to provide a certain level of service. I would like to say that every track provides the best they can because its the right thing to do....and I believe for the most part track owners love the sport and do their best. But I'm sure there are some that have to have the fear of legal consequences for not following through.

The problem with legal action is there's no common sense or middle ground. One unfavorable judgment can create set a precedent for everyone, when maybe there are only one or two bad apples out of the whole damn bunch.

Comment

I would guess that some bloodsucking ambulance chaser of a lawyer probably contacted the widow within days of Neal's death, hounding her to sue. That's how it usually works. The widow will end up with a tiny percentage of any settlement, and the lawyer will get a pile. Damn shame! RIP, Mr. Parker.

Comment

Working...
                    X