woohoo go mopar!!!!
    Dustin, in Cincinnati

Comment

Re: Frankenstein Bastard Car Sets NHRA Stock Eliminator Record

oh , so a zr1 in a f body would be stock too.. sure

sad

Comment

Not the record holder in my copy of the nhra record book .... the clowns in glendora are at it again!
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Modern Hemi, sure. V-10? Nice try. I'm "Go Mopar" and all, but damn, man...
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

^^^ I agree but this is more of a reflection of NHRA not Mopar.Mopar asked and NHRA said yes.Mopar the said WTF and thanks ;)The Sportsman class has always been the backbone of NHRA and this is another example of NHRA not seeing the forest fore the trees.

Comment

OK, so is the NHRA trying to pull a nascar? Stock is stock, not something to invent simply for the sake of a record. If the common man cannot walk into the dealer and buy it, then it is not stock in my book. Yep, this is exactly why the fan base has dwindled to what it is now.

Comment

Isn't there already a super stock GT class for just such an animal?

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
                  Isn't there already a super stock GT class for just such an animal?
                  That thing would get bitch slapped off the track in several of the GT/Auto categories.
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Well yea ... but it seems the more liberal rules would allow it to be even more modified and fit in there better.

Comment

Originally posted by Wideglid80
                      OK, so is the NHRA trying to pull a nascar? Stock is stock, not something to invent simply for the sake of a record. If the common man cannot walk into the dealer and buy it, then it is not stock in my book. Yep, this is exactly why the fan base has dwindled to what it is now.
                      Well the common man can buy one, if he's one of the first 10 or so people with 100K in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
                        Well yea ... but it seems the more liberal rules would allow it to be even more modified and fit in there better.
                        You're right, but, in my opinion, this is exactly what they wanted. Make a couple hero laps, set a record, grab some pub, and move along.

The Modified classes are farking awesome to watch. Million RPM sewing machine engines battling it out in a bunch of categories.
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                        X