Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chadmouth Poll: Road Tripping Your Hot Rod Rules! How many states have you hit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chadmouth Poll: Road Tripping Your Hot Rod Rules! How many states have you hit?

Re: Chadmouth Poll: Road Tripping Your Hot Rod Rules! How many states have you hit?

I put 25 for all my old cars. Sure is easy to add states once you go east of the Mississippi river :D

Skylark T-bird Centurion
    California California California
    Nevada Nevada Nevada
    Idaho Utah Arizona
    Montana Colorado New Mexico
    North Dakota Arizona Texas
    South Dakota Oklahoma
    Wyoming Arkansas
    Arizona Tennessee
    Mississippi
    Alabama
    Georgia
    South Carolina
    North Carolina
    Kentucky
    Indiana
    Illinois
    Missouri
    Kansas
    Colorado
    Utah

I'll add that I've driven in:
    Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Florida, Hawaii and Alaska.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Re: Chadmouth Poll: Road Tripping Your Hot Rod Rules! How many states have you hit?

Not many. My 55 has been to:

Arizona
      California
      Utah
      New Mexico
      Texas
      Nevada
      Colorado
      Oklahoma
      Kansas
      Missouri
      Iowa
      Illinois
      Indiana
      Wisconsin
      Michigan

My orange 59 truck has only been to:

Arizona
      California
      Nevada
      New Mexico
      Texas
      Sonora, Mex.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Only 1 with my toy, about 7 with my DD, and another 4 with my parents' car. The farthest my hot rod's been from home was about 100 miles when I brought it to school with me. Eventually I'll up that number.

Comment

ma
          nh
          n.j.
          maine
          w.v.
          delaware
          md
          n.c
          s.c
          gorgia
          fla
          philly

none in the current cars but the truck did travel from texas to ma. on it's own power, calling it a hot rod at the time would be a stretch..
          the monty SS from newton ,n.c to ma rt95 and to n.h (epping)

Comment

Originally posted by Tazracing
            the truck did travel from texas to ma. on it's own power, calling it a hot rod at the time would be a stretch..
            My Skylark between '79 and 1990 made several trips to east Texas from So. Cal. My grandma used to drive it there semi-regularly (annually?). It too would be considered a stretch to call it a hotrod then :D
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazracing
              ma
              nh
              n.j.
              maine
              w.v.
              delaware
              md
              n.c
              s.c
              gorgia
              fla
              philly

none in the current cars but the truck did travel from texas to ma. on it's own power, calling it a hot rod at the time would be a stretch..
              the monty SS from newton ,n.c to ma rt95 and to n.h (epping)
              the monty is almost the last of traditional...without the classic, I mean driven as daily. I had an 84..the only 305 "HO" that actually added the power.
              maine to md, and back. however many states that is. very nice ride.. modern a/c etc. and a coupe.

this gas stuff, actually is motivating me for an unlikely liquid boxer. following old rules.. compression, carb, exhaust go with it.
              beetle is not much happening here. It is the smallest hot rods. ;)
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

ive been to 25 states, 23 of them ive driven in various vehicles, im not counting the ones while driving a Kia Soul, that is a driving expirence I would like to forget
                Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR

Kia Soul
                  another oxymoron?
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Awesome write up/poll Chad!
                    We go on a lot of road trips but I am gong to make the wife read this one anyway.
                    Thanks!

Comment

Interestingly a buddy and I will be doing a Hot Rod-ish road trip starting TOMOROW! ;D ;D
                      Not driving a hot rod, but driving from WI to VA to get an old Gremlin road racer that will be my next project.
                      Right now I am sitting here at work going a little stir crazy ;)

A few years down the road when the car is done, there will be many family road trips once again to various places to beat the hell our of the above mentioned Gremlin.

Hot Rodding is road tripping!

Comment

USA

Arizona
                        Arkansas
                        California
                        Colorado
                        Oregon
                        New Mexico
                        Texas
                        Oklahoma
                        Illinois
                        Kentucky
                        Tennesee
                        Missouri
                        Montana
                        Kansas
                        Wyoming
                        Idaho
                        Nevada
                        Utah
                        Indiana

Canada

British Columbia

Europe

Germany

Middle East

Kuwait
                        Iraq
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Florida , Alabama , Mississippi.
                          It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

As a kid we road tripped, even hauled a trailer a few times. I drove from Omaha to DC with Dad before I even had a license, just a permit. Dad wasnt sure if was any good in other states, but we hopped into Moms Eldo and hit the road.

At 17, my friend and drove a 77 Honda to Kansas, Iowa, and Missouri to see concerts without parents.
                            I drove my rusted out crapbox '69 Impala from Nebraska to NorCal alone we moved. Mom and Dad left a week before I did.

I dont own a new car, so every road trip is in my hot rod. I driven the 1000 miles border to border of Cali and most of the of the southwestern states.

The only thing stopping me from getting in the for a month at a time is cash. I want to see every state by car.

For your next road trip, try skipping the interstates as much as possible. See our country by two lanes.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I've been in all except alaska and (hawai spelling) since I've been a dumb truck driver for the last 33+ years.

Comment

Working...
                              X