Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question of the Day: What is Your Wildest Automotive Fantasy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Day: What is Your Wildest Automotive Fantasy?

The earlier blog item about the California general contractor who is working on a home built 2,000mph car got me to thinking about my own far out fantasies in the automotive world. I have no desire to go 2,000mph because frankly that is insane. Well, to me it is anyway. My two biggest crazy items [...]

More...

1. Red Hat
    2. Targa Newfoundland
    3. Get the Blue Bitch on the track and reliable.
    I'm still learning

Comment

Mine is fairly simple. Get the Montego done exactly the way I want it and then have the roads and highways to myself. . . .Well, that last part really IS a fantasy.
      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Some of my insane ideas revolve around trying to hot rod other power plants than the normal piston engines, to take dare to be different to its logical extreme. Some examples:

1. I'd love to build a project car powered by a surplus helicopter turbine engine.
        2. A manned version of the Mythbusters rocket Impala.
        3. Create the world's most ridiculously over the top hybrid car by installing a traction motor out of a diesel-electric locomotive.

Comment

steam turbine car.... I have no idea why it's so appealing to me, but it is.

Matt - did you see the 1st episode where the 1st rocket car went boom without moving? strangely it's not on youtube (snicker).
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Nope, missed that one. But the one that did make it onto Youtube looks like fun...

Comment

I think I would like to get my Red Hat.
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Not really that insane, but I'd like to ride a jet car down the 1320 ....

OR

Jump the Grand Canyon ala Evel Kinevel and not be afraid of the landing!
                Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                  I think I would like to get my Red Hat.
                  I thought Red Hat was a chic thing?? and if it's along the lines of Red Wings, I'm not sure I really what to know.........

And wildest automotive fantasy, I think that would be driving full throttle over every thing in a Trophy Truck......

Well that or finishing my '71 Camaro.......
                  Last edited by TC; January 20, 2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Racing a Nitro Funny Car, thats as wild as I can think of

Comment

what this guy is planning on doing...is one of them.

I just hauled in the fuselage of a real 1942 Lockheed C60 Lodestar airplane! I plan on converting it to the most rediculous motor home/panel truck out...
                      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C View Post
                        Mine is fairly simple. Get the Montego done exactly the way I want it and then have the roads and highways to myself. . . .Well, that last part really IS a fantasy.
                        maine does that, but you need frigid below zero or ice storm that won't end.

I drove both. would not trade it for anything.

it gets so cold, split barrels make the primaries near useless.

I only have one fantasy left. I must be getting old.
                        I want a tall geared boxer to hold the g/pro world record (less than 2.01 liters). Without 9000 rpms.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I would like to pilot a TF or FC someday, probably wont get the chance even if A/fuel set it up.

My wildest automotive dream is a bit different. I want to build cars, not just any car, I want to build my own exotic. I have wanted to do that since I was about 15. It would have a large V8, twin turbos, be very light, and capable of soiling underwear from 99.99% of the people who like cars. It used to be I wanted to have the price be under $20k, but now that isnt realistic at all. I would still like to do it, but with the way I handle stress these days, it doesnt seem likely. Think home built Ferrari eater for the masses. The problem is, everyone would kill themselves in it.

Comment

I would love a daily driver that would just run for at least 2 years with NO issues!
                            I know it doesn't sound wild but I think it qualifies as fantasy!
                            Last edited by LORENSWIFE; January 24, 2012, 08:47 AM.
                            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Working...
                            X