Cover page feedback, wasn't sure where to put it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe Grippo View Post
    Hmmm...I don't see anything larger or of a different color.
    Do you mean the title or the last line in the blog item....

Hit the link below to see a great gallery of photos showing both Posies Hot Rods and Carelvale Customs!

I will figure it out eventually but thanks for the info on what to look for...
    A pic of the emphasized characters.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Those don't show up on Explorer.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

they don't show up on the cover page for me , I haven't checked to see if the posted comments in the forum backlink to the blog though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	comment.png
Views:	1
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	859758

and the cover page never changes the title - I waited... and waited... and that stubborn formatting just wouldn't come out:

Click image for larger version

Name:	title.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	859759

Thanks guys - I know y'all are busy. It's trivial stuff.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Turn off Compatibility View in IE, it works now

Remember when the screen would bounce when you were typing? The old page gave me fits without Compatibility View turned on for the site with IE8 and above.

I turned it off and the Comments and title page look correct now.

ALT+T , V for you keyboad guys.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
            Takes too long to load the new page, so I deleted it from my favorites, and have saved the link to just the forums....

I am also having issues with that. It seems like a video is loading at the top of the page ... and even when I click the "forum" button, it doesn't stop trying to load. So I have to click the "x" to stop the loading process, then click forums button and it takes me in.

I have a cable modem (although it's slowed by running through a router first), and have recently upgraded my RAM... so my computer is as fast as ever.

C'mon Bruab, don't let the site get bogged down with active ads! That's why I left the old HotRod web board. I certainly realize the need for ads... but links to video are better for the user than video that loads automatically upon log in.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
              Remember when the screen would bounce when you were typing? The old page gave me fits without Compatibility View turned on for the site with IE8 and above.

I turned it off and the Comments and title page look correct now.

ALT+T , V for you keyboad guys.
              Thanks, its been driving me nuts.
              I'm still learning

Comment

Yeah, I'm not getting that prompt on Google Chrome either. Shows no emphasized characters and won't let me type.
                I'm still learning

Comment

I haven't had any issues with Chrome at home. IE at work doesn't show the spam protection characters to enter. I tried turning off the Compatability Mode and it didn't work for me.
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

What was the idea bringing this blog section back to the forum? I thought we didn't need it anymore because of the comment posting right on each blog.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Waaaay cooler being on the forum. Now comments can be quoted, pictures or video's added, and notification when a blog item is posted!
                      Last edited by TheSilverBuick; January 24, 2012, 07:48 PM.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                        What was the idea bringing this blog section back to the forum? I thought we didn't need it anymore because of the comment posting right on each blog.
                        The comment format was not very good or easy to use. I prefer the blog items myself - so we can converse just like we're doing right now.
                        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                        X