Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drag Video: Running 8.70s with a Turbocharged and Nitrous Injected 1.8L Motor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag Video: Running 8.70s with a Turbocharged and Nitrous Injected 1.8L Motor!

It seems like we’re on an Aussie drag racing video kick, but bitchin’ stuff keeps jumping off the computer screen at us. Since the whole seasons thing is a swap with the southern hemisphere, the guys down in Oz are in the middle of summer and rightfully are racing like their hair is on fire. [...]

More...

wow.

I had to look up the engine to see what kept tight...

I guess they used timing chains for those, and not belts.

proof is in the pudding.

I am still running goodyears doubled and will never match what a chain can do.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Even more impressive considering its using the original Izuzu SOHC 4 banger thats been around since 1975....

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
        wow.

I had to look up the engine to see what kept tight...

I guess they used timing chains for those, and not belts.

proof is in the pudding.

I am still running goodyears doubled and will never match what a chain can do.
        There are other 2.0 liter 4 cyl engines at 10+ hp per cubic inch using belts.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
          There are other 2.0 liter 4 cyl engines at 10+ hp per cubic inch using belts.
          true.
          I did find that offset cams (bad manufacture) is what makes a belt a dufus.

I am running an old ea82 with two belts, now wth proper cams.
          1.5 inches width if to mount as one...in many ways it is bigger than the worlds biggest EJ (these are both subaru engines)

one thing I did notice , when you win the rubber , you can lug it down as much as scream it. That is something famous for a chain engine.

I am a fan of 60s american fire time..small chamber, two valve, all the chambers look the same. I like seeing this little isuzu with a can of whoopass.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
          X