Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slap Fight: GM Claims ZL1 Camaro Will Be Faster Than Mustang GT 500 Despite Horsepowe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slap Fight: GM Claims ZL1 Camaro Will Be Faster Than Mustang GT 500 Despite Horsepowe

The Mustang/Camaro cat fight is heating up with GM’s recent claims that the ZL1 Camaro, despite what will amount to a 70hp disadvantage, will sprint to 60mph quicker than the upcoming 650hp Mustang GT500. Chief Al Oppenheimer also mentioned the fact that both Ford and GM have run their cars around the ‘Ring over in [...]

More...

More gearing for quicker acceleration with less HP! At least 0-60 and on a road course.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

All of the power in the world won't make you faster if you can't put it to the ground...

That said, I still want to see real numbers and not just claims.
      Last edited by DNut; January 25, 2012, 12:35 PM.
      I take photos.

Comment

I can see a line forming at the local Blue Oval and Bowtie service departments to replace lots of busted up rear end parts.

Ron
        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I can see the Bailiff's requesting additioanal vacation from stress derived from overloaded courtrooms.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Screw the ring, this is pony car stuff drag racing is way more inportant.

Comment

Hey, no mention of MPG, Hybrid, airbags, cupholders etc. I am happy! Slap fight away!!!
              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Even my friend Larry that has a GT500 says my Camaro will give him a run.....He said the car just doesn't have traction.......

Basically the new GT500 is just a hay wagon with an over powered throw away motor in it.......Oh ya and I did say throw away....The block is aluminum and does not have cast iron sleeves, instead the cylinder walls are aluminum with a special coating........No boring this block with it's small ass bores.........

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                  Even my friend Larry that has a GT500 says my Camaro will give him a run.....He said the car just doesn't have traction.......

Basically the new GT500 is just a hay wagon with an over powered throw away motor in it.......Oh ya and I did say throw away....The block is aluminum and does not have cast iron sleeves, instead the cylinder walls are aluminum with a special coating........No boring this block with it's small ass bores.........

Hmm...yeah...ok.
                  Having driven the GT500, and the newer Camaro SS, there is no comparison,
                  the Shelby kills it, as I'm sure it will kill the ZL1...at least in a straight line.
                  I'd bet there will be an eye opener for everyone in a one-to-one test of these cars,
                  though.
                  Last edited by min301; January 25, 2012, 06:44 PM. Reason: mis-spellings.

Comment

ford has been busted on low hp before
                    ford has been getting beat for the last 57 years ..
                    Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; January 25, 2012, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                      ford has been busted on low hp before
                      Like GM has never done it...maybe they just didn't get caught.

Comment

Yes, last time I can think of is about 13 years ago ... pretty much everything from Ford in the way of performance offerings since then has been underrated for power numbers.

cheers
                        Ed N.
                        Last edited by fast Ed; January 25, 2012, 08:04 PM.
                        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

bull ..the ZR1 corvette will eat that gt500 tank for lunch AVAILABLE NOW !!!

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                            bull ..the ZR1 corvette will eat that gt500 tank for lunch AVAILABLE NOW !!!
                            A sports car against a pony car? Apples vs Apples, Jim!

Comment

I forget that a mustang is a station wagon , looks like one

Comment

Working...
                              X