Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slap Fight: GM Claims ZL1 Camaro Will Be Faster Than Mustang GT 500 Despite Horsepowe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
    bull ..the ZR1 corvette will eat that gt500 tank for lunch AVAILABLE NOW !!!
    Well with that thinking why don't we run it against a veyron?

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
      I forget that a mustang is a station wagon , looks like one
      I'd buy the wagon version. Do you know something I don't? A Fairmont with a blown 5.4?

Have you seen the weight on the new "pony" clydesdales? ALL of them. I'm tossing ballast out of an LSC and it weighed less to begin with!
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Hmmm, I found this a good read......

it mentions the gt500 vs the ZL1
        Reading , Pa
        Good Guys rodders rep.
        "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

the camaro is a porker like a gto , not a street racer haha ..really I know there are a few guys at gm who may care

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
            Well with that thinking why don't we run it against a veyron?
            veyrons don't spool up easy ..fastest drag radial ZR1 is 10.35

oops veyron is 10.80 ..VETTE WINS
            Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; January 25, 2012, 09:16 PM.

Comment

How about a zr1 vs. a ford gt

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                Even my friend Larry that has a GT500 says my Camaro will give him a run.....He said the car just doesn't have traction.......

Basically the new GT500 is just a hay wagon with an over powered throw away motor in it.......Oh ya and I did say throw away....The block is aluminum and does not have cast iron sleeves, instead the cylinder walls are aluminum with a special coating........No boring this block with it's small ass bores.........
                Not so sure about your Camaro running with a Shelby, pretty sure my 3 valve would out run ya before I put a blower on it (13.10) As far as this being a throw away motor if it's at all like coat cylinders on dirt bikes it's hard shit that will out last pistons. I hope Mustangs stay with the log outback for long time it works and is pretty damn tough.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                  The block is aluminum and does not have cast iron sleeves, instead the cylinder walls are aluminum with a special coating........No boring this block with it's small ass bores.........
                  Coated aluminum bores is old hat. Try to keep up.

Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                  1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                  1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                  1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                  1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                  1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                    Coated aluminum bores is old hat. Try to keep up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikasil
                    I know all about that, once it's worn out you throw the head away(on a dirtbike) or have it sleeved.......basically it's cheaper for Ford to coat the cylinders than install cast iron sleeves........Also Ford isn't using Nikasi they are using some new coating they came up with....can you say guinea pig??..........

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Anderson View Post
                      Not so sure about your Camaro running with a Shelby, pretty sure my 3 valve would out run ya before I put a blower on it (13.10) As far as this being a throw away motor if it's at all like coat cylinders on dirt bikes it's hard shit that will out last pistons. I hope Mustangs stay with the log outback for long time it works and is pretty damn tough.
                      Shawn, there are a few magazine articles with 4 generation Camaro's running low 12's and even high 11's using a stock LS1 long block.........My car has everything those cars had and more.......I'll be hitting the track soon, we'll see if I can match those times......

And did anyone ever think that the Camaro will beat the GT500 because the GT500 goes 200mph........Gearing plays a big part in ET.........

Comment

Good point on the gearing, their are also 3v mustang running mid 12's with stock engines and am sure the new 5.0's will be evan better. I really think the new Camaro's irs rear will be a problem when real tires. Although the guys from Lingenfelter have went pretty damn quick with the new gen Camaro. But alot of tunner shops have went stupid fast with Shelby's.

Comment

This is the most awesome of problems because GM won't lose a HP war - and the winners are us.

It is ironic that GM is using Ford's argument from the 80s/90s (having lower hp but being faster anyway)...
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

pretty moot point when none of us own either one.

another reason I love the falcon, it weighed 2360lb when it rolled off the line in '61!!!
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I think the metric hemi may be the best motor , but the rest of the car and the electronics are ASS , not a player

Comment

Working...
                              X