DIY AutoTune Releases Generation II Plug and Play EMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY AutoTune Releases Generation II Plug and Play EMS

The guys over at DIY AutoTune, otherwise known as the mad geniuses who unleashed the “MegaSquirt” do it yourself EFI craze on the world are back with a new piece to feed the need of the DIY guy out there who wants to tweak and tune his electronically controlled engine without spending a bundle on [...]

More...

Nice! If you ever make one to replace the impossible to diagnose crap renix system on the '87-'89 Jeeps, I'd probably buy two!
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

This should be a nice piece, and solve alot of install headaches for alot people. DIYautotune, the guys bringing the Megasquirt to a larger market, do a great job. But, the megasquirt is very much a collective effort.

Don't discount the many people(primerally the inventors Bruce Bowling and Al Grippo) and all the guys that worked on the extra software and firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by atomicsix View Post
        This should be a nice piece, and solve alot of install headaches for alot people. DIYautotune, the guys bringing the Megasquirt to a larger market, do a great job. But, the megasquirt is very much a collective effort.

Don't discount the many people(primerally the inventors Bruce Bowling and Al Grippo) and all the guys that worked on the extra software and firmware.
        Very true. This one uses a MicroSquirt Module from B&G at its core, and the code was made by James Murray and Ken Culver. We've simply put together a few extra I/O boards and an adapter, as well as the testing and maps.

If you guys have any other domestic requests you'd like to see, feel free to post them here. This particular generation looks like it's going to do better with distributors; I'm not sure if it's got the I/O to run a modular motor or LSx.

Comment

Any pics of the inside, yet??

How many P+H injector driver channels?

I am doing a Microsquirt module(wasted spark COP and bank fuel), with your other DIYpnp on this car,we looking for the LS Stock Shortblock 7 sec run.

Last edited by atomicsix; February 2, 2012, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by atomicsix View Post
            Any pics of the inside, yet??

How many P+H injector driver channels?

I am doing a Microsquirt module(wasted spark COP and bank fuel), with your other DIYpnp on this car,we looking for the LS Stock Shortblock 7 sec run.
            I'm surprised you guys are doing something that crazy and not using MS3x... I've got an 8 O2 sensor system with the good NTK sensors that you could use to optimize each cylinder, if you wanted to borrow it. Let me know!
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Models covered include 1990 through 1995 Mazda Miatas, 1989 through 1994 Nissan 240SXs, 1991 through 1994 Sentra SE-R, AE86 Corollas, and 1987 through 1991 BMW 325i models.
              Ya that's going to help a lot of guys here...........
              Last edited by TC; February 2, 2012, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Here's a shot of the inside:

There's four peak and hold drivers; the inner pair can drive four injectors each and the outer can run two injectors each.

Comment

how about one for a Fiat? please?

this Fiat

2006 3.6 VVT Cadillac with a couple turbos - if you don't, that's fine too - I printed out the 200 pages of schematics for the motor today.

I know the guys in Australia would love you too - they've been hot rodding the 3.6 motor for awhile....
                  Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 2, 2012, 06:22 PM.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Does the PNP offer any more or less features than the regular ms2? How about one for the Turbo Buick, would be nice
                    to lose the eprom.

Comment

Originally posted by ImpalaSam View Post
                      Does the PNP offer any more or less features than the regular ms2? How about one for the Turbo Buick, would be nice
                      to lose the eprom.
                      It's got a lot more than a "base" MS2 but most of the things could be put in a custom MS2 build. There is one feature that would be difficult to put in a normal MS2 - that's our particular knock circuit. Some of the other features, like the peak and hold drivers, are also nonstandard but could be added. Its main advantage is that it's ready to plug in and go, out of the box, rather than that it has any drastically new circuits.

We've talked about one for turbo Buicks, and we've got the connector - oddly enough, it's the same as the Rennix Jeeps. BTW, I noticed you're right up the road from our shop - if we start working on a turbo Buick model, would you happen to have a test car we can borrow?

A VVT V6 is likely something that would need something MS3 based - the Gen 2 MSPNP design we have is meant to fit engines with simple control needs for a low budget.
                      Last edited by Matt Cramer; February 3, 2012, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Update: This link shows some of the domestic applications in the pipeline.

MegaSquirtPNP Plug-N-Play Standalone Engine Management Systems by DIYAutoTune.com

There's a couple not mentioned there as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X