Junkyard Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junkyard Gallery

(Photos by Bob Chiluk) – Bob Chiluk is one of our awesome photo contributors and he normally sends us stuff from the middle of the country. Recently he escaped to the west coast and submitted this fantastic gallery from the famous Desert Valley Auto Parts junkyard in Arizona. With more than 40 acres of American [...]

More...

There are two old yards relatively close to me, one is Ralph's, the other is Fort Auto Parts. There was a small feature on Fort in a 1989 issue of Hot Rod magazine. The owners of both yards passed away sort of recently, Ralph's son is running that yard now, and I hear that Sue is selling stuff from Fort since Milo died.

The strange thing is I haven't been to Ralph's for several years, and I never bought anything from Milo. There are other ways to get parts and cars that don't require paying the "gold" prices these old coots wanted for their stuff.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Always kind of sad to see cool cars that nobody wanted anymore. How many of those were some high school kids first car and all the adventures they had in it. And I wish thet wouldn't stack them even though space is tight, the bottom car is getting the death penalty.
      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Working...
      X