NASCAR Writes Story About NASCAR Switch to EFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR Writes Story About NASCAR Switch to EFI

NASCAR seems to think that their switch to EFI has not gotten the warranted level of attention. That’s not us making something up. Here’s proof in the first line of a story that the NASCAR Wire Service put out the other day, “Simply put, NASCAR’s move to electronic fuel injection hasn’t gotten the press it [...]

More...

I say we ignore them and maybe they'll go away.
    I'm still learning

Comment

It is SOOOOO ridiculous to compare a NASCAR engine to a Formula One engine and pretend they're similar. There are similar forces on rod and pistons, and there the similarities end. Formula One is exactly opposite from NASCAR where Formula One promotes technological development and achievement - NASCAR *forces* development of archaic technology that is hardly interesting.

Make note, the average guy can build his own Cup Car engine in a garage if he wants to, using parts that are available easily. If you want to build your own 20,000rpm Formula One engine, how easily can that be done? I'm really tired of NASCAR fans making NASCAR tech out to be more than it is. 2 hp per cube is something a 16 year old kid can best in his first engine build, using bone stock parts. Wake up NASCAR fans and realize that your "sport" is nothing more than WWE with internal combustion.
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
        Wake up NASCAR fans and realize that your "sport" is nothing more than WWE with internal combustion.
        Sounds like the South Park nascar episode....
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

One thing won't change: the inverse relationship between fuel economy and horsepower. To save gas, you have to give up power under the hood. But EFI, particularly as teams become more familiar with its nuances, will allow the engine to be tuned to a particular competitor's driving style, thereby enhancing the performance of both man and machine.

Who writes this crap? it's called DECELERATION FUEL CUT and it's just one of many ways that port EFI slaughters a carburetor for fuel economy.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

and we understand that the majority of NASCAR fans probably don’t even change their own oil any more so that’s why stuff like this needs to be published and we’re having some fun with the sweeping statements made in this story.
            These people are probably the target market for NASCAR and are confused by they aren't paying more attention to this EFI switch. I say give them coyote, LS, Hemi and Yoder V8's to run with.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
              I say give them coyote, LS, Hemi and Yoder V8's to run with.
              This might make it interesting again.
              I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                One thing won't change: the inverse relationship between fuel economy and horsepower. To save gas, you have to give up power under the hood. But EFI, particularly as teams become more familiar with its nuances, will allow the engine to be tuned to a particular competitor's driving style, thereby enhancing the performance of both man and machine.

Who writes this crap? it's called DECELERATION FUEL CUT and it's just one of many ways that port EFI slaughters a carburetor for fuel economy.
                should rival F1 on the boredom scale

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                  should rival F1 on the boredom scale
                  it'll kick F1's ass on the "full of dipshipts" scale too.

Comment

I watch most of the formula 1 stuff on the boob tune , the racing is boring , the cars are neat

Comment

I watch most of the formula 1 stuff on the boob tune , the racing is boring , the cars are neat
                      I seldom agree with you, Jimmy - but this time you are ON THE MONEY!
                      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Working...
                      X