Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question of the Day: Which Failed Car Brand Has the Worst Reputation in America?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Day: Which Failed Car Brand Has the Worst Reputation in America?

So yesterday I was driving down the road and nearly crashed when an old Peugeot 505 passed me going in the other direction. I had not seen one of these things in years, let along spoken to anyone who actually owned and drove one. The car appeared to be in shockingly good shape with shiny [...]

More...

there is a peugeot shop by my old shop in ramsey ..cars wait there for years to get fixed

Comment

Not even going to touch prewar stuff, as there were a lot of brands that got as far as one or two cars built that failed to improve over your basic horse. Sticking to the post World War II era...

Actually worst: Bricklin. Supposedly half of the plastic bodies are still sitting up in a field somewhere in Canada because they came out of the mold so badly warped they couldn't put 'em together.

Worst perception: Yugo. At least they were able to get the cars to fit together, but it's the lemon everyone remembers.

Lifetime Achievement Award: Malcom Bricklin, for bringing over both the above brands, the last of the first round of Fiats, the Subaru 360, and trying to bring over several cars so crappy he couldn't even get them past regulatory hurdles.
      Last edited by Matt Cramer; February 15, 2012, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X