Ford Announces Base Pricing of 2013 GT500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Announces Base Pricing of 2013 GT500

Ford has released the base pricing for the 2013 Mustang GT500 and the 200+ mph, 650hp beast will available to the general public for the base price of $54,995. While that is not chump change, we’ll reference again the fact that this car is capable of running over 200mph, territory normally reserved for foreign sports [...]

More...

I will take 2 then

Comment

wipe the floor with all the douche-tastic hyper expensive foreign stuff that isn’t named Corvette
      Viper? Sure it took some time off recently, and it's not sub-$60K anymore, but neither is any 'vette worth having.

Comment

Originally posted by moparmaniac07 View Post
        Viper? Sure it took some time off recently, and it's not sub-$60K anymore, but neither is any 'vette worth having.
        A Corvette GS is like 54k I would likw to own one

Comment

435 hp in the base corvette ..100k powertrain warranty

so many uneducated types out there
          Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; March 17, 2012, 08:00 AM.

Comment

The latest base Corvettes are an awesome deal for performance per dollar spent.

I'm just pissed that we're not an SVT dealer where I work, we don't get the Shelbys ... drat!

cheers
            Ed
            Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
            07 Mustang GT with some stuff
            88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Yeah, but $54k you could get a car with a back seat that should handle similar. I kinda see the Grand Sport like a v6 Challenger, or something similar. Like it's not a 'real' 'vette.

Comment

To each there own, I am a Ford guy for sure but would be hard not to get the vette in that price range. The vette is the better handler, lighter. Would not say it's less a vette, evan when l88's roamed the earth there was a base model Corvette and the grand sport is more than the base model (not that the base model is bad) it's kinda like alot of zoo6 type parts on a car that costs 54k instead of 70.

Comment

Not that I've driven anything with more than 300 hp, but (to me anyway) it seems that the only Corvette that is ever mentioned is the ZR1, and that anything under that is just made to say they sold X 'vettes. Even the flagship Camaro has more hp at a lower price than the 'vette. Sure it probably doesn't handle as well, but it just seems like a 54K base 'vette isn't that good of a deal compared to others in it's price range.

Comment

Base Vette - high 11s
                    Z06 Low 11s- high tens
                    ZR1 mid tens - low tens

Comment

That's it ... because of the weight differential between the Corvette and the four-seater cars, especially the Camaro and Challenger, it can have a bunch less power, and still perform equally or better. And the handling and braking is that much better as well, no matter what whiz-bang technology they put on the heavier cars. I've driven a friend's Z06 on track, it was eye-opening to say the least.

cheers
                      Ed
                      Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                      07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                      88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by fast Ed View Post
                        That's it ... because of the weight differential between the Corvette and the four-seater cars, especially the Camaro and Challenger, it can have a bunch less power, and still perform equally or better. And the handling and braking is that much better as well, no matter what whiz-bang technology they put on the heavier cars. I've driven a friend's Z06 on track, it was eye-opening to say the least.
                        Every person I've met that owns a corvette made in the last ten years that wasn't a supercharged one got above 25mpg on the highway with it, usually hear 27-28mpg. The only supercharged ones I've talked to the owners are people that show up for the Silver State race, those guys seem to get 22-24mpg driving to Ely.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                          Base Vette - high 11s
                          Z06 Low 11s- high tens
                          ZR1 mid tens - low tens
                          You forgot to add; with good tires and competent driver.... Not everyone can launch them well. Although I'm sure you could.

I'm pretty impressed that Ford only increased the base price 5 grand. The added content is HUGE! Just buying the blower is around 5-6K if you want to add it to the current GT500.

Too pricy you say? I asked before on here and never got a real answer. What would it honestly cost to build a car that can do everything the current GT500 can do. And before someone steps up and says it can be done for 10 grand, let me remind you it needs to have 650hp, be able to corner and a nice daily driver.

Hell, I have a friend that is working his way though a restoration of a 70 cutlass convertible. By the time he does a full body restoration, rebuild the 455 with edelbrock heads, gets the 200R4 in so he has overdrive, redoes the interior and suspension, he's looking at 30 grand. The car will probably run 12's, get 15-18mpg and handle like a 70's fullsize car. Its going to be sweet!!!! But limited.
                          Hell, I spent 4 grand getting my buddys C20 farm truck road worthy! I even shopped around, bought used parts from craigslist/junkyard and gave him stuff from my personal stash! But I kept track of EVERY cent I spent on the project. It adds up quick.

$56,000 for a GT500 seems like a lot...but to be able to compete in all area's and still have nice daily driver characteristics. Its going to cost big bucks whether you build it yourself, or from a dealer.
                          Last edited by andy30thz; March 18, 2012, 07:54 AM.

Comment

FRPP releasing a 650 hp crate motor ?

Comment

Cornering is usually not mixed into a sentence about the GT500. Unless the sentence is about how "its a nose heavy pig that can't corner." There, that's an appropriate sentence.

That's not to say that the GT500 isn't a very impressive piece of machinery. Pushing a brick through the air to 200 mph, off the show room floor, is practically unbeliveable.
                              I'm still learning

Comment

Working...
                              X