Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question of the Day: What is the Most Under Appreciated Platform to Build a Hot Rod O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Day: What is the Most Under Appreciated Platform to Build a Hot Rod O

Don Garlits had a great line back in the 1960s. He said that when he told people he was a professional drag racer, they looked at him in the same way they look at a kid who asked for a pony and didn’t get it at Christmas. I have been getting a couple of those [...]

More...

Don't feel bad Bruab, my Skylark weighs 3650lbs with out me in it and it doesn't have a full frame or cage
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

there is none under appreciated.

not a single one.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

In terms of how much potential a car has to how often I see them built, the C4 Corvette is probably one of the most under appreciated platforms out there. You can find these things for $4,000 or less in decent shape. Spend the extra time tracking down one with a Z51 suspension package, throw some basic SBC mods at the motor or swap in an LSx or big block, rebuild the suspension with some good shocks, put sticky tires on it, and you'll have a supercar killer on a tiny budget. But I don't see too many of these running around.

Comment

Working...
        X