Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driveway Tech: We Install at K&N Cold Air Intake on a 2007 F250 Powerstroke for Perfo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driveway Tech: We Install at K&N Cold Air Intake on a 2007 F250 Powerstroke for Perfo

With diesel fuel well over $4.00 per gallon in most parts of the country, BangShifters have to do what they can do to get the most bang for their buck at the pump. While good maintenance will help to maximize fuel economy and doing stuff like monitoring tire pressures will also help, there are some [...]

More...

I've been contemplating a couple small mod's for my '07 Silverado for better MPG's.

(yeah yeah, I know Ford, Chevy)
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I recently removed a home made version of that cold air intake set up that used a baldwin pa2818 filter, I had used that in my '97 and moved it to the '01. The drone was approaching the annoyance level of 2 chamber flow masters at highway speed when I was towing, so - I replaced it with the Ford "AIS" kit which is the set up installed in the vehicles set up for military service. The drone is gone completely, I've not had a chance to compare MPGs as I hardly ever drive the truck the same way twice. The Ford AIS kit was comparable in price to the K&N setup.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Make sure to do an oil analysis if you run a K&N filter. High silicates in the oil doesn't seem worth a few MPGs to me.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I've heard on some diesel forums that turbos and K&N's don't mix.....???
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
            I've heard on some diesel forums that turbos and K&N's don't mix.....???
            It's not the turbo that cares, it's the high silica content that gets past the rings and into the oil that cares. It's been almost 10 years but I ran oil analysis on both my LT-1 Camaro and Cummins ISB engines, and promptly switched out to different filter media.

That's all I care to share, it's not my mission to kill a sponsor's good buzz. There is plenty of reading on the topic available out there in Internet-land.
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
            X