Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question of the Day: What Dead Car Company Would You Bring Back to Life With One Bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Day: What Dead Car Company Would You Bring Back to Life With One Bill

The list of dead car companies is damned long. Some of the names are infamous, like Yugo. Some of the names are legendary, like Duesenberg and nearly all of them are lamented by legions of devoted followers. We’ll throw a little, “what if” at you for this question of the day. “What if” someone slid [...]

More...

Well for me it would have to Pontiac. I'm a long time pontiac fan, they made great cars for alot of years, they were big into racing and they were a mid grade brand so to speak, between Cadillac/Buick and the lowest grade, Chevrolet.
    Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

My choice would be Plymouth. We need cars like the Road Runner again. Easy on the wallet and a terror at the stoplight.

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
        My choice would be Plymouth. We need cars like the Road Runner again. Easy on the wallet and a terror at the stoplight.

Ron
        I'd go with Plymouth as well. Not just because I'm a Mopar guy, but because I'd like to make something affordable, lightweight, and rear wheel drive. The Plymouth Barracuda is the perfect name to revive for this. It would be offered as a V8 powered Formula S, a Hyper Pack with a 170 cubic inch DOHC slant six with a stratospheric redline, and a turbo four powered TC4. (I know, TC4 and Hyper Pack packages were both from different models. Seemed approriate anyway.)

Other models in the lineup would be a Valiant (four door on the Barracuda platform with all the same engine options plus a naturally aspirated four and a diesel), Turismo (front wheel drive economy car / hot hatch - sure, the name has no nostalgia, but it would make sense to have a volume bread and butter model), and a stretched Barracuda based car called a Road Runner.

My other choice would be to bring back Duesenberg.

Comment

Pontiac would have the best chance of surviving. Plymouth would be hot, as long as there is a good model structure. Geo could successfully return as GM's Eco division.
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Studebaker!
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Willys....
              Maybe Kaiser? They had that eyebrow looking rear window

Dad had a mid 50's Willys car. 6 cyl with more grunt than anybody else's small 6, 3on the tree he got real good mileage with it...

I'd like a company that was ahead of it's time to come back...

Comment

I was going to say borgward goliath..
                but that is for a boxer.

I would realistically go amc, and just add boxers in the little cars.

benz crank 6, liquid, and the little four,
                and everything else but a 258. (j/k)

imagine stepping up with real steel, the exotic 16 gauge american.

that must need trillions..as steel is more rare than gold.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                  Studebaker!
                  Packard.

REO! Speedwagon. What a name. Those old marketing guys stayed up with their auto naming.

Stutz
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                  X