Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question of the Day: What is the Most Pointless Automotive Competition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
    Because a cold air intake and a NOS sticker are legit upgrades to. Lol
    Show's how much you know.........Mr. Keyboard Racer........

Comment

Coming from a country where car-related competitions or sports-events are pretty damn scarce, I think some of the 'car-guys' in the US seem to have forgotten how good they have it living in a (large) place with an abundance of car-related fun and events all around the country, every weekend!

Now... I'll leave it at that before my Mopar-enthusiasm rears its ugly Max Wedge head and fanaticly flames all of you whine@ssies to a cheesy crisp!!
      Last edited by BigBlockMopar; May 13, 2012, 11:16 AM.
      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
        Since I'm a sucker for the under dog, good night Scott your starting to sound like a first class jerk. If someone doesn't have your opinion on something , they are wrong and you start with the name calling. Brain asked for opinions. Speedy has points for each one. Some even valid. It's not like he's saying these events shouldn't exist. I will skip all his opinions except the one that's near and dear to you. Engine Masters. For an engine builder or a tuner this is probably a blast. But to a lot of people its like showing up to a race with out the rest of the car. To each their own.
        Speedy wanted to attend Drag Week - he failed to sign up in time - then he starts a Campaign against everything he can find to piss people off - but I am the jerk for pushing back on him?

Seems an issue with your perspective. I called him a crybaby which I think is, if anything, an understatement. If Speedy would have been signed up for DW in time, he'd be her yukking it up with the rest of the people who attend. Instead, it's "EVERY SINGLE POST I MAKE MUST BASH ON EVERYTHING" - why pick on Engine Masters Challenge? He refuses to address the fact that the engines HE thinks should be allowed to compete, DO NOT FIT on a DTS dyno cart. Is he willing to make custom carts (it costs around $2500-4000 to do)? No. Sorry if I offend you, but your post seems to be way out in left field to me. Sure, everyone's entitled to their opinions - that includes me too right?
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
          Show's how much you know.........Mr. Keyboard Racer........
          You need to get some new jokes. Preferably ones you make up on your own. My keyboard set an NHRA record this weekend, yours needs disinfecting.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

You need to get some new jokes. Preferably ones you make up on your own. My keyboard set an NHRA record this weekend, yours needs disinfecting.
            I'll give that credit to the "Driver", because you can tune that motor all you want, but if the driver can't drive the car, then your tuning means nothing............Remember tuning is only 1% of a car build.........

And who's the car and what Record did they break??........

Comment

I'll give that credit to the "Driver", because you can tune that motor all you want, but if the driver can't drive the car, then your tuning means nothing............Remember tuning is only 1% of a car build.........
              How would you know what percent of a car build is in the tuning if you never built a car or never tuned one Alex? What happens if someone builds a car and its never tuned right, you think it'll be 1% slower than if it is tuned? The point here is, you never built a car - you never tuned one - so why would you make yourself look so completely stupid to the thousands of readers here when you make posts like this? You do realize that every single person here thinks badly of you because of posts like this, right?

And who's the car and what Record did they break??........
              I'll fill you in when you stop being the biggest ruhtard on this entire forum. Until then, please keep posting and confirming everyone's suspicions that you are short on chromosomes or something similar.
              Last edited by dieselgeek; May 14, 2012, 09:29 AM.

Comment

I'll fill you in when you stop being the biggest ruhtard on this entire forum. Until then, please keep posting and confirming everyone's suspicions that you are short on chromosomes or something similar.
                So in other words, that didn't happen......... Just more DG BS..........Hey and breaking the Record on the Xbox doesn't count..........

And what kind of hot rod you have again??.........
                Last edited by TC; May 14, 2012, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Well Brian, I am glad you asked...

In my opinion, the most pointless automotive competition is CAR SHOWS.

Sure, some great cars are brought to these shows and the work and dedication that is put into these cars is unparalleled. But... the competition is solely based on the opinion of "judges". It's like figure skating or synchronized swimming. Sure, they have talent and skill, but it all really boils down to how the judges feel about it as to who takes home the bacon.

Ron
                  It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
                    Well Brian, I am glad you asked...

In my opinion, the most pointless automotive competition is CAR SHOWS.

Sure, some great cars are brought to these shows and the work and dedication that is put into these cars is unparalleled. But... the competition is solely based on the opinion of "judges". It's like figure skating or synchronized swimming. Sure, they have talent and skill, but it all really boils down to how the judges feel about it as to who takes home the bacon.

Ron
                    My choice too. There are some good ones - Summit recently had some interesting stuff show up at their Open House - but a lot of them tend to be a bit repetitious. Similar crowds of muscle cars with maybe one or two things different from what I saw at the last three shows. But what really gets me is the guy who shows up with something like a big block Nova with a wild cam, full cage, and huge nitrous bottle in the trunk, you ask him what it runs, and he says he's never raced it. I can understand some guys like to focus on the building part of the hobby, but seriously... aren't you the least bit curious what it runs? And car shows seem to be a magnet for these.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
                      but seriously... aren't you the least bit curious what it runs? And car shows seem to be a magnet for these.
                      This is what separates the men from the boys. People don't realize (some posting in this thread) that you don't just bolt together all the parts on your Summit/Jegs wish list and instantly go fast. This is the whole reason there is a market for EFI and Chassis tuners out there. But the keyboard warriors have zero clue that the hardest part is debugging all the shit you just bolted on to your car and making it all work.

Comment

But the keyboard warriors have zero clue that the hardest part is debugging all the shit you just bolted on to your car and making it all work.
                        I thought the hardest part was figuring out which shit to bolt on your car so it works.

I sort of agree with the thing about car shows....but only if you treat a car show as a competition. I don't, and I've helped put on a lot of them, and attended a lot more.
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                          I thought the hardest part was figuring out which shit to bolt on your car so it works.
                          Some of us put the cart before the horse Jim And some just bolt stuff on from a catalog because it's in fashion. I'm with you on the car shows. I don't get them as a competition, but I do enjoy them to see what's out there.
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I like to bolt stuff on that came from the junkyard, to a car that should be IN the junkyard, and then use it to drive TO the junkyard.

In order to find something else to start messing with. Anyone else feel like they are chasing their tail lately?
                            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

What isn't a bolt on part?? Seems none of us are actually Machining our own parts...........

Comment

What isn't a bolt on part?? Seems none of us are actually Machining our own parts...........
                                Think again.

Comment

Working...
                                X