Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question of the Day: What is the Lamest Automotive Myth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Day: What is the Lamest Automotive Myth?

As car dudes and dudettes, we live and breathe this stuff. Sadly, we’re in the minority when it comes to the general population. The majority of people don’t have a freaking clue about their car, about other cars, or about anything other than reality television. Understanding that, it makes more sense that there are lots [...]

More...

I'll start the answers over here without having to fill out all that mumbo jumbo on the other site.

1: you can't add a performance cam to a stock engine and make any power.
    I have done it several times and vast improvements for the money are noticed.

2: Quadrajets are better than Holleys.
    If you want to spend several weeks tinkering with one just to prove a point that you can get it running again, whatever, but I'll just buy a new Holley and be done with it, because I work smarter not harder for my power.

3: Paper air filters flow as much air as a K&N style filter= balderdash.

4: Shorty headers are just as good as full length headers, made up by someone lazy and trying to ashure themselves thru trying to convince others.

5: Magnaflow mufflers are junk, well I agree to that one, Flowmaster, Dynomax, Thrush welded, anything other than the old Grandpa country buffet magnaflows.
    Last edited by skullbucket; May 26, 2012, 01:22 PM.

Comment

X2^^^^
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
      X