Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question of the Day: Laid Our Or Nose High? What is Your Stance Preference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Day: Laid Our Or Nose High? What is Your Stance Preference?

We’re going to force you into a corner today with this question. We’re making you choose between the two most polar opposite stances in the hot rod world. Do you like your hot rods laid out flat on the ground or with a nose bleeding, straight axle stance a la old school gassers? We’re not [...]

More...

There is a time and place for all three choices, but for me a daily driver needs to have what you guys have termed the "California" rake. (Do we really know where this stance really began?). My '65 now has a stance that is lower in the front than the rear. We cut the front springs and put a 1" lowering block in the rear.

Comment

not a big fan of either,,,a car that low is hard to drive and work on..... thats not really a gasser,more of a street freak... i like a mild nose high stance in the front on gassers,, also like a car with a rake, bigs and littles for street rods/cruisers...
      Last edited by bulletproof; June 26, 2012, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Like 'em all, if well done on the right car. My personal preference is front down with big 'n littles, no rubber outside the wheelwells, and no concerns about bashing the underbody on road hazards.
        Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Didn't we do this in February Bruab?

I was trying to find "Stink bug" and found this on Bing, first page!

hehe. I usually like mine a couple inches lower than stock but I'm not into the super low steamroller tire thing. I'm kinda stuck in the 70's I guess. This looks good to me:

BBR's Mustang is about right...
          Last edited by Beagle; June 27, 2012, 04:58 AM.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I like the nose up higher than the back and the back tires tucked in the wheelwells.

Comment

I think HRM did an article many years ago, may have been Freiburger's, about using taller back tires to change stance and give the appearance of wider when your wheel wheels wouldn't hold a wide tire. They've been on the no stink bug / no tires outside the wheel wells for so many decades I'm SICK of hearing about it.

I believe this is one of our guys and I can't remember the screen name! Daaahmit. This is soooo right!

N50-15's and Skyjackers FTW!
              Last edited by Beagle; June 28, 2012, 04:46 AM.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
              X