Question of the Day: What

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Day: What

Being that Dave Nutting and I are currently at Lime Rock Park, among some of the most advanced and high performing road race cars in the world right now, this seems like a good question for the day. Nutting is a big Pro Touring guy and his Monte Carlo SS is set up to be [...]

More...

Last year when I was instructing at a track day one of my students offered to let me take his Lotus Elise out for a session. What an awesome little car, it just went exactly where you pointed it. He had some decent DOT track rubber on it as well, which made it even better. You could really get an idea for the virtue of low mass in an application like this, wow!

Not his car, but one like it:

cheers
    Ed
    Last edited by fast Ed; July 6, 2012, 12:04 PM.
    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

'67 Newport...

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

the quick nimble newport

I actually liked the heavy cars. I did grow to learn it is the size of a drivers realm that makes handling. Not sure where the little stuff came from. they lose footing like a deer hoof on wet pavement.

I am as modern as 1987 subaru, went no further...and it is as big as subaru ever got. Ended up welding to a near 3k pounder anyway.
        The 2 monte SS, and other g body I had are still my favorites.

the mid mount with transxle (super car most often) I would like to try it.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
        X