Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridetech Race Entry Giveaway! Win A Drive In The Sandhills Open Road Challenge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridetech Race Entry Giveaway! Win A Drive In The Sandhills Open Road Challenge!

When Bret sent me a text the other day saying he was looking for someone to take Ridetech’s Sandhills Open Road Challenge entry for August 9-11th, I sent him one back saying ” We could do a contest on the site!”, and here we are a few days later, doing just that. SO, if you [...]

More...

I nominate Bill and his silver drop top mustang.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Ships... I wanted to enter my longrammed '60 Newyorker for this and show some of those plastic competitors cars some 'fin'... but my heap has an Exide gel-battery under the hood, so it probably won't make the cut...

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I ran this event last year, and will be back again this year.

As Bret said, it is about the most fun event I have ever ran. They run a 1/2 mile, and a 1 mile shootout on Friday, and the road race Saturday morning. Last year I ran 178 MPH 3 times in a row in the 1 mile shootout. You don't have to have a car that fast, but if you have one bring it.

We (Lingenfelter) will have 3 cars in the event. Ken Lingenfelter will be driving a 750+ HP ZR1 Corvette. David Grubnic (NHRA Top Fuel Driver) will be in our 202MPH ZL1 Camaro. I am planning to run our Optima L / 28 Camaro. This is the same car that has won the last 2 Optima events.

The race is a blast to run. Imagine running through the country at 120mph, and not having to worry about the cops. The town, and the people there are even better than the race. If you can go, I highly suggest you take advantage of this chance.
        If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Brighton, MI

Comment

We are crossing our fingers! Tara & I have wanted to run this event for a long time. This could be an experience of a lifetime if we win the giveaway!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
            I nominate Bill and his silver drop top mustang.
            I heard about this right about the time Bret talked to Chad and Brian. We had been bench racing this event for some time. It is one I'm just dying to do but we are in Drag Week mode at the moment, not to mention being a bit behind the curve in terms of prep. Sand Hills is serious business and I'd need to put the car back into full on road course mode and between family commitments, and work commitments I can't ask to be considered when we'd to be lucky to be half-assed prepared. Thank you for the mention.

There are others here on Bang Shift that are more deserving of t
            he shot at an event this cool.
            Last edited by CDMBill; July 28, 2012, 09:46 PM.
            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

There’s something uniquely cool about the galleries we get from guys who have gone trolling through junkyards across America.
              ---------------------------

Longchamp Sac
              Last edited by 34jvv; July 29, 2012, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X