Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question of the Day: What Car Has the Best Sounding Factory Exhaust In History?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Day: What Car Has the Best Sounding Factory Exhaust In History?

The exhaust note that cars have tells smarty pants gearheads a lot. We can hear how rowdy the cam is, figure out whether the engine is a small block or a big block, even perhaps name the brand of mufflers on the car just by ear. If cars “speak” to us, they do so through [...]

More...

I end up listening for the compression/.fuel air side of things.

exhaust is jack squat.

the hemi, you know thats big. doesn't even matter what the exhaust is on the originals.
    porsche only has a few years sounding wow to me, also high comp..who cares what the pipes were...same goes for beetle.

as factory goes, the engine makes the noise. factory was never special about pipes. they are about laws...that is to say, they could not hide a strong one.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I want a medium-to-loud fast revving, snotty-ass motor...the "redneck note", as a friend put it. I've only had two cars that have had it: my Mirada and Comet GT. The runner up is, strangely enough, any Mopar that can make that deep "howl" when going under full throttle...the noise that let you know you were watching an old enough episode of COPS that they were in Diplomats.
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
      X