eBay Find: A Dead Nuts Awesome KITT Replica With Two Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Find: A Dead Nuts Awesome KITT Replica With Two Issues

There’s nary a BangShifter among us who didn’t love them some hot KITT action during the 1980s. Sure, David Hasseelhoff was the headline talent, but it was the Trans-Am he drove that owned the hearts of kids across the country (and even in places like Latvia and Albania when syndication took hold). The fanciful technology [...]

More...

seriously - where would you even begin to start to recreate that dash?

The price is unrealistic, but it took some time and talent to recreate the dash, I wonder if the builder is an electronics guru....
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Dig the spot on interior.

Didn't they pretend KITT used a gas turbine engine in the show? A helicopter turbine under the hood would rock... and a turbo 3.8 Buick V6 would be a pretty good choice too.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
        Dig the spot on interior.

Didn't they pretend KITT used a gas turbine engine in the show? A helicopter turbine under the hood would rock... and a turbo 3.8 Buick V6 would be a pretty good choice too.
        Yup, turbine engine that got something like a ridiculous 200mpg! A turbine engine under the hood would rock.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I think that I’m the target guy here. Early 30s, grew up watching the show, owner of massive amounts of ‘Hoff merchandise, and a man of refined tastes. Not my speed, though. Nor is it my price range.
          Yup, me too. I'd rock the car, but it'd need a bit more under the hood.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
            seriously - where would you even begin to start to recreate that dash?

The price is unrealistic, but it took some time and talent to recreate the dash, I wonder if the builder is an electronics guru....
            My friend Miguel does them.

Comment

Working...
            X