BS Daily Tune Up: Six Days On The Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS Daily Tune Up: Six Days On The Road

If there was one guy that owned the imaginary genre of “trucker music” during the 1960s and 1970s, it was Dave Dudley. His baritone voice spoke right to the diesel jockeys hauling all over the highways and byways of America. His first and best selling foray into truckin’ tunes was this million seller from 1963 [...]

More...

One of the few songs around that I think was made better by the modern remake - I think it was Sawyer Brown that re cut this in the 90's sometime?

Anyway - thanks for the explanation of Georgia overdrive - I didn't know that stood for hauling ass down hill in the hope of making the next up hill without using 2nd or 3rd gear and revving the diesels' guts out.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I still laugh at the music, but...
      later on it occurred to me, no one sang of trucking but the old country singers.

"tombstone every mile" is a road in maine. I find that one funny, as even an old timer declares a different road. (it simply means there is no safe ones). I have been on all that take a rig...to looking across the st. john to canada.

my dad is old school. I am glad that music is around.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Siiighhh... Remember riding with dad.. US 101, steep drop offs, pedal down, cussing slow gawkers, thus he drove at night when the motels were full.. Before the days of "by-passes"

There is the Blue Mountains in Eastern Oregon ( where 9 died in a bus crash a few weeks ago) there are several runaway truck ramps, with signs posted as to speed allowed vs weight..

Dad drove with a tach and a pyrometer.. Remember him watching the pyro.... Cussing.. Then hit the summit..
        Harmonica came out on straight roads, steer by knee.
        Friday afternoons, i'd come home from school, he'd be crashed in the recliner be gone Sunday morning to meet a drop or a pick-up monday morning..
        A kid of 12-13. Backing the truck and moving forward when he had to load his own.. Man, I was the top of the world!

Comment

Working...
        X