Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BangShift Question Of The Day: Should Pro Street Be Dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BangShift Question Of The Day: Should Pro Street Be Dead?

I’m a big time Pro Street Fan. I love them. Trailer queens, real street drivers, street drivers that run in the 6′s like Larry Larson’s Chevy II, I like them all. And back in the hayday when names like Dobbertin, Hay, Sullivan, and Trepanier were building these insane big tire cars, we all loved them. [...]

More...

Not all of it...but some of it should be dead...especially this....

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

it will just evolve. the very definition is historic..does not need to stay there. new and old. its all good.

Pro Street is a style of street-legal custom car, usually built for drag racing. Cars of this type typically feature a narrowed rear axle coupled with oversized rear wheels for maximum grip, and large capacity V8, V12, V10, V6, I6 engines, often supercharged or turbocharged.
      there is even four cylinders that went ape enough to go that realm..
      I got to thinking of aston martin 7.3 liter v12s and supercharged bbenz crank boxers...

where is the big fat tubbed wells for those?
      balance plants it like a flat plane gt 40.

maybe pro street gets called "super car" some day...else it needs a historic label to go with it.
      pro street classic or something.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 10, 2013, 02:48 AM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
      X