Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BangShift Question of the Day: Have You Ever Saved a Car or Truck From the Crusher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BangShift Question of the Day: Have You Ever Saved a Car or Truck From the Crusher?

Hearing about old cars and trucks getting crushed always causes us to grit our teeth, but knowing one is headed for certain destruction and having the chance to save it is a totally different deal. One member of the BangShift fleet, my 1968 Chevy C50 wrecker was one or two days away from sure death [...]

More...

I've been buying cars out of backyards since I was a kid. Some I've put together, the majority have gone to guys were looking for project cars, and a few met their death as donors. It's a good feeling when you hear a guy say "I've been looking for a decent project car forever" and knowing you just made his day. Over the years I've had a few guys stay in contact with me as they restored the cars and this always brings a smile to my face. Probably one of the more memorable cars would be a 70 T/A I bought that was being used as a parts car. The guy was selling it along with the one he had put together. When I looked at the two my first thought was "this guy screwed up big time". The restored T/A was a Michigan rust bucket, it was plain as day when I looked under it, and the parts car was a desert solid as a rock gem. The floor pans were flawless. I sold that car to a professional restorer that stayed in contact with me and it turned out absolutely beautiful, I'm talking show car. Very good feeling. I could go on & on with cool stories from over the years but I'll cut it short and stop here.

Comment

Working...
    X