Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question of the Day: Is it OK to Spec a new Camaro or Mustang With a V6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Day: Is it OK to Spec a new Camaro or Mustang With a V6?

We recently read some stats that suggested half of new Mustangs and Camaros sold leave the lot equipped with a V6. The V6 motors that Chevy and Ford are offering in the cars are certainly stout for what they are and are light years ahead from the boat anchor six poppers that lived under their [...]

More...

My wife bought a v6 vert mustang 300hp and 7200rpm is nothing to be ashamed of. It will dog 96-04 GT's, stock fox bodies with flowbies a pro5.0 shifter and a cervinni's hood, get totally left in the dust. All that for 24/29mpg. Can't beat it.

Comment

To be honest ... I think its ok in this day. They certainly aren't the V6 turds I grew up with. My friend picked up an '11 GT w/V6 and auto and it doesn't run 1/2 bad. For a DD type, mountain drive type of car, I'd do it ... economy isn't bad, performance is ok, and insurance cheaper ....
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I think the new v6 mustangs are pretty dang impressive, but with that said, I would personally opt for the 5.0 liter... I think having such a great v6 in the line up is a great move for ford... but the v8 option should never EVER be cancelled, PERIOD!
        87 Mustang GT with bolt on's. Follow my build here:
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...d-Budget-Build

Comment

Working...
        X