Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monster engine video: A 28 cylinder – 3,000hp – pratt and whitney r-4360 starts for t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster engine video: A 28 cylinder – 3,000hp – pratt and whitney r-4360 starts for t

While jet engines certainly elevated the performance of aircraft to the incredible levels we see today, there is no denying that the massive old radial jobs that won WWII are some of the baddest power plants of all time. Take this video for example. It depicts the first start up of a freshly rebuilt Pratt [...]

More...

Originally posted by admin View Post
    While jet engines certainly elevated the performance of aircraft to the incredible levels we see today, there is no denying that the massive old radial jobs that won WWII are some of the baddest power plants of all time. Take this video for example. It depicts the first start up of a freshly rebuilt Pratt [...]

More...
    I heard a lot about these when I was a kid... my Dad did R&R of these and other aircraft engines. He had a thing for these big muthers. I love dad stories "I lead the zoo crew, all the f* ups you know, and we could change one of those faster than the "A" team...." the torque value stories still make me laugh. I think this one was for a prop nut - "One 180 pound man at end of six foot pipe, three full jerks". I'm not sure if that's the way the manual read exactly, but it wouldn't surprise me a lot if it did.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Hubba-hubba!
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Working...
      X