Please support Alex Taylor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please support Alex Taylor

Sad to hear that as of now 16 year old Alex Taylor won't be allowed to compete in drag week 2014, because of a new rule... Please share and let Hot Rod know that this shouldn't be.... Encourage the youth don't ban them...

Originally posted by strod View Post
    Sad to hear that as of now 16 year old Alex Taylor won't be allowed to compete in drag week 2014, because of a new rule... Please share and let Hot Rod know that this shouldn't be.... Encourage the youth don't ban them...
    I saw this yesterday with nothing to substantiate it. She couldn't go without parental guidance anyway, and she had that. I doubt the tracks would let a minor race without parental supervision with or without HRM's approval. I think the rule may have been read wrong...

What are you basing this on?

ah, we need a newbie thread. Oh wait, we have one. That's where I posted my first post... this should probably go into the Drag Week board as well. Welcome, btw.
    Last edited by Beagle; February 9, 2014, 04:59 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

DRAGWEEK requires public road use.. no lic to drive.. no drag week.. I don't think you can even get a lic at 16(I know you can't here)

a 16y/o can't legally sign the race waiver either.. so..The legal guardian/parent would have to be there the whole way.. and I'm not 100% sure, but don't tracks require the driver to have a drivers lic? a permit isn't a lic.. permit drivers can tag and insure a vehicle in there name(at least here) I know I couldn't get the title for my car in my name until I had a lic.. why is this even an issue..
      Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; February 9, 2014, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Because she competed last year. I had a license at 15 here... it must be a hell of a vacuum that keeps you guys stuck up there.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Once again Mark, the world doesn't suck as bad as there. Plenty of people get their license at 16. I got my permit at 15 and was free driving at 16. As did all my younger siblings. The Skylark was registered to me when I was 16 as well.
          Last edited by TheSilverBuick; February 9, 2014, 08:49 AM.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

CO has always been 16 y/o for a lic. My son Jake was wanting to go this year and drive in competition. If they won't allow 16 y/o's to compete he's not interested .....

Last year he couldn't even run the Exp down the track on his permit .... we let insurance control too much ...
            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

This is based on a phone call from DW officials to her Dad.
              Alex did compete in 2013 and does have A valid drivers license and expects to go for her NHRA Lic. this spring.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                Once again Mark, the world doesn't suck as bad as there. Plenty of people get their license at 16. I got my permit at 15 and was free driving at 16. As did all my younger siblings. The Skylark was registered to me when I was 16 as well.
                I got mine at 15.5 but the new rules have changed that.. permit at 16 and then drivers ed before lic.. and that's a 6 month class.. so..

Comment

This is based on a phone call from DW officials to her Dad.
                  Alex did compete in 2013 and does have A valid drivers license and expects to go for her NHRA Lic. this spring.
                  then why can't she do it this year..

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    Because she competed last year. I had a license at 15 here... it must be a hell of a vacuum that keeps you guys stuck up there.
                    I was driving at 14, license 15..
                    maine.

in fact I drove out of state in a hundred dollar car, southern new england... age 15.

mass, RI, etc is not everywhere. Is that not the states you got a strange gangsta dialect telling people to stay home when it snows or other adult scary subject.(My entire existence had to reel in 600 years and leave there) ..

anyway, hope the kid gets to race.. if the rules allow.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I don't know what IHRA regulations are, but NHRA requires a "MINOR WAIVER" to be signed by BOTH parents at EACH TRACK for participants under the age of 18.
                      Last edited by Ron Ward; February 9, 2014, 06:27 PM.
                      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

HotRod is going to see what can be done to remedy this situation per Dennis&Deb Taylor.

Comment

Working...
                        X