Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jocko Johnson is Dead

Re: Jocko Johnson is Dead

I've heard mention of the man's name previously, but didn't know much of anything about him.

Sounds like "mad genius" could've applied here.

Comment

GOOD RIGHTIN', KID!

Historical footnote: Jocko is the only announced inductee to be who's ever refused induction into the Int'l Drag Racing Hall Of Fame. He did so (in the strongest-possible language) in the same letter to Garlits that you reference here.

He was also a good guy and a good friend, to a whole lotta folks. We miss him, and always will. Jocko was truly one of one.

--DAVE WALLACE

Comment

Dave,

Thanks. Seriously.

He certainly seemed to be one of one. I never got to meet him, but I'm sure guessing you did. Have a good Jocko story to share?

For those of you who don't know Dave Wallace, he's a member of the drag racing hall of fame. Dave has been around the sport and inside it for longer than he'd ever admit and he can lay claim to witnessing many of the great, and heart wrenching moments in the history of drag racing. From working the ticket booth at a strip when he was a kid to becoming one of the most repected drag racing and motorsports journalists in history, he is a hero to anyone who has ever put words to paper with respect to the drag strip.

As much as Jocko was a one off, Dave Wallace is too!

Sorry to kiss your ass dude, but you ain't gonna hide behind no screen name 'round here.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Long live jocko. loved his garlits bubble car

Comment

I wanted to hear the powerring engine run

Comment

Working...
            X