Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim Wangers' Big 3 Performance GTO...What Else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jim Wangers' Big 3 Performance GTO...What Else?

It would have been cool if this car had been picked to run at the Optima Ultimate Street Car Shootout. It would have been able to prove it's abilities at that event.

I was suprised to find the car appealing. The Poncho motor helped to swing me.

Hell, I even owned up to Mr. Wangers hisself that I had panned the rendering but liked the finished product even though that look is not in my normal styling wheelhouse.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

If you check out http://www.bangshift.com/forum/index.php?topic=15486.0 you will notice that I posted several pics of this beast when they unveiled it back in September. The folks at Big 3 are great. I have to admit that even I like this Goat even though it aint a truck.
      Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
        It would have been cool if this car had been picked to run at the Optima Ultimate Street Car Shootout. It would have been able to prove it's abilities at that event.

I was suprised to find the car appealing. The Poncho motor helped to swing me.

Hell, I even owned up to Mr. Wangers hisself that I had panned the rendering but liked the finished product even though that look is not in my normal styling wheelhouse.

Brian
        I'm all for the Poncho mill. I was happy to hear a nasty Poncho mill was available for the Bandit T/A that's being made.

I've seen a pic of the actual car in MCR this month. I'll always be a fan of the 68-69's with the hideaway headlights. GTO's have always been my fav of the A bodies.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

For those who like car guy books, Wangers book "Glory Days" is a great read (xmas present?). While he's made his living from the hype, he also spent his time walking the walk. IMO he is a bonafide carjunkie, probably just requires a bit more maintenance now.

I'd really like to see the car in person, as a former '69 Judge owner....so far the pics are not doing it for me.
          a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by arrowhead
            I'd really like to see the car in person, as a former '69 Judge owner....so far the pics are not doing it for me.
            I have seen it and it is sweet. I even have pics of Jim behind the wheel of it at it's first public appearence here in Green Bay back in September.
            Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Working...
            X