Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJ and KJ Dropped by GM?

Re: WJ and KJ Dropped by GM?

I don't know your fealings about WJ , but I found him to be a first class guy . I live up here in Langley , B.C. . In July when the NHRA tour would move on to Seattle he would come up here to Mission Raceway for some testing . Mission has some great air ( being sea level ) . Anyhow I meet him once and he was very cool . So I wish him well however things turn out .

Comment

WJ has gotten a lot of crap over the year for not being mr personality during race weekends. Approaching him during race day (when he's in) is not welcome becuase as he sees it, he's working.

He's made lots of visits to our service people both overseas and in hospitals here at home and abroad so just on that fact he has my esteem.

The guy is a racers racer...not a politician in a world that is filled with more of the latter than the former. Some people will never get that.

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

The best way to approach WJ is to mention something to him that few know about, like details on his first race cars, his old crew members and far away places he used to run his cars. He opens up and cracks jokes once he knows you're not a typical wanker.

Comment

What sort of coin would GM put into those operations on an annual basis? (And how many exec's salaries is it equivalent to in, oh say, the Pontiac division?)
          Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

It's a sign of the times... I really doubt, however, that their (GMs) withdrawal will be permanent...
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by mlcraven
              What sort of coin would GM put into those operations on an annual basis? (And how many exec's salaries is it equivalent to in, oh say, the Pontiac division?)
              For WJ/KJ?

6-figures a couple times would be an educated guess. They've always been tighter to the vest with, um, everything than anyone else, but for the amount of R&D they do, maintaining a full time race shop with employees, going through a couple new 100,000 chassis a year, it adds up quick.

So it was very serious money.

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Thanks Brian...that's a big loss to make up at any time, let alone in the midst of what some are already calling GD II.
                Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Working...
                X