Clear All

• Freiburger's Pic of the Week: The Jeep Truck

Re: Freiburger's Pic of the Week: The Jeep Truck

Sounds like good times.....

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Boming around the desert in an old-ass truck with a good friend....

One of life's little luxuries.

Never take those times for granted, or lightly.

Comment

Nice.

I hate it when you have a few good times in a vehicle and then get stuck being emotionally attached to it forever... ;) Especially when it's some weird-ass sh*t like FSJs...ask me, I know.

I guess that's what photos are good for. They take up less space than it does to keep the actual car/truck.

I love cruising around in the desert but as I get older I find myself uneasy too far from the highway. Last couple times I went out alone I threw a mountain bike in the back, just in case. There is also the matter of occasionally meeting up with the wrong type of people. I don't care much for travelling in groups, but with a family going solo could be considered unwise so we usually hang with a Jeep club now.

The wife and I still like to go out by ourselves for the afternoon/evening sometimes with a few beers and a cooking grill and watch the sun go down. Anza-Borrego is only about 50 minutes from here.

Comment

It's funny, the idea of just driving out into the desert is so foreign to me, just because as long as I've been alive it's never been an option. Seems way cooler than driving off into the state forest.

DF...the most important question. If the gas tank repair failed, who was going to eat who to survive? I mean listen, both you guys were sizing each other up saying, "I think I'll start with the thigh."

;D

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
            It's funny, the idea of just driving out into the desert is so foreign to me, just because as long as I've been alive it's never been an option. Seems way cooler than driving off into the state forest.
            As a Geologist the forest is my natural enemy :P

I had some good times in school tooling around the desert.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Can't see the rocks for the trees?

I spotted an M715 yesterday a couple miles from here, guy also has a little army trailer sittin in his yard, and a 60s dodge (civilian) pickup. I immediately thought of Corona when I saw the Jeep....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

The thought of driving anywhere in the desert scares the heck out of me. :o

That is one clean J-10. I've had a 74 J-20 and two 78 Cherokees, and the only thing holding the rust together was an occasional sheetmetal screw and some duct tape. Salt apparently isn't kind to those vehicles. On the other hand, FSJ's are some of the nicest driving trucks out there, I'd love to have another someday.

Comment

Is this the one that you did the "hackjob repair" of the wheel bearing with the hacksaw blade and loc-tite?
                  Central TEXAS Sleeper
                  USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Man i wish i had desert to explore in michigan. The jeep would see a lot more off road use.

Comment

This $2500 Cherokee has taken us some amazing places. I seem to have accumulated two more, one is apart now getting a Dana 44/Ford 8.8 and some lift. There is also a Wagoneer project. FSJs and Cherokees are dirt cheap around here as all the serious guys choose the regular Jeeps.

Comment

Drive out into the desert!! Sounds like the start of a slasher movie to me.
                        Cognizant Dissident

Comment

I'm dumb....what's FSJ stand for.

Brian
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by kso4

This $2500 Cherokee has taken us some amazing places. I seem to have accumulated two more, one is apart now getting a Dana 44/Ford 8.8 and some lift. There is also a Wagoneer project. FSJs and Cherokees are dirt cheap around here as all the serious guys choose the regular Jeeps.

Sounds awesome. I got my wrangler for 1700 bucks last may.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                              I'm dumb....what's FSJ stand for.

Brian
                              Hmmmm.....All I can come up with is "F'n Stupid Jeep" ;D ;D ;D ;D

No really....I don't know either.

Seth
                              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Working...
                              X