Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Violation Game: Fakers!

Re: The Violation Game: Fakers!

I had no idea this ghastly stuff existed!, as for the mystery valve cover, it looks a bit like a poly 318, I believe I have also seen something similar on an old v 8 in an I-H pickup.

Comment

Right there on the "fake" list, towards the top, should be listed, "stainless hose wrap" for that crap people put on their heater and radiator hoses to make them look like braided steel line....

YUK!

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

The mystery covers are for the early poly, before the 318 came along. I think they were used thru 1956.

And those exhaust manifolds...an SBC copy of the rare truck Ford Y block manifolds....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Jim gets the credit for the Poly motor valve covers... he says "before the 318 came out." Do you mean the 318 Poly motor, or the 318 LA motor? They could be 318 Poly, I'm not sure though, and too lazy to look it up. But they ARE Mopar poly.

The exhaust manifolds are over the counter from Speedway. Interestingly, they claim they put a lot of thought into the design to improve flow, and they made the mounting flanges thicker so they can be used with later Vortec heads; apparently the early OE rams horns won't clear on a Vortec. They also offer them in stainless.

-Brad

Comment

The Mopar poly-head was actually offered through 1967.
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I agree about the stainless hose wrap or even worse the corrugated hose kits with the hose clamp hanging out the bottom.
              If a guy takes the time a formed hose can be found to fit almost anything.
              I'm gonna give away a little secret, the worlds coolest hose clamps can be found at Aircraft Spruce.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad54
                Jim gets the credit for the Poly motor valve covers... he says "before the 318 came out." Do you mean the 318 Poly motor, or the 318 LA motor? They could be 318 Poly,
                No, the 318 style poly have the sawtooth shape on the bottom, this is pre-318 poly. And to make it more fun, there were different early poly engines for different makes...Plymouth had a small one, Dodge had a bigger one, Chrysler had the biggest. The Plymout 277 was the first of the "new" A series poly engines in 1956, it had the sawtooth shape valve covers, and eventually grew into the 318 poly, which was replaced in the mid 60s by the LA series 318. Although the 273 had the LA heads in 64.

Here's the big Chrysler poly, I think....but I'm not sure...

My fabulous web page

Comment

You can even make any car sound like a real V8.
                  Damn, if I had known about that product, I would have left the slantie in my Duster instead of popping in a 340. Would have been easier. :P

Comment

Yeah, saw a rod at a show that from across the field looked like it was running and early hemi, only to get close and find out it was a SBC with the valve covers added, VIOLATION. Although, I think I remember a Car Craft story on a Duster that was running a motor (possibly 318) with a Holley 650 hidden inside a 6-71 case capped with an injector hat. I also think I remember it having black and white photos so we're going way back in the archives here.

Of course I can't remember what the hell I did last week...
                    sigpic

Comment

$1400 for fake Hemi valvecovers for a SBC? For $1400 you could put a REAL big-block Chevy into the damn thing and actually have the cubic inches, not just "the look." That is beyond lame!!!

Comment

my motto on the HAMB: "It's all about appearances!"

My fabulous web page

Comment

Just put a motorcycle engine in it

Or maybe some grocery cart bucket seats
                          61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

For the Cobra kit car guys, there are adapters made to put FE valve covers on SBFs. Same sort of deal I guess.

cheers
                            Ed N.
                            Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                            07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                            88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Wouldn't my T-bird be cooler with Fake Turbo Sound???
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                              X