Dumpster Diving Pays! Now Tell Us What To Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dumpster Diving Pays! Now Tell Us What To Do

Jr. Dragster and start a new class......TF/JR Dragster. See how many passes it will make on Nitro or compare the ET differences and stick it on the site. I ran one on alcohol in high school (we didn't have auto shop) then acetone to see if there was a difference. Melted the head and the top of the piston. It was the best 10$ I ever spent.

Comment

Maybe I'm just a pessimist, why would someone throw out a good engine? I was a mechanic at rental stores for many years, these were popular. It may say "Subaru", but others say "Wisconsin" or "Robin", I don't know who actually makes them. There have been instances where a run of engines were no good from the factory. I've seen them with horrible vibrtation, oil consumption, things like that. You basically cannot fix these engines, the parts are way too expensive. The carburetor is likely $200 or more.
      I'd make darn sure you have a good runner before you buy anything.

Comment

It starts on the first pull in my basement.

Why would someone throw away a good motor? Take a mid level manager in a multi-billion dollar company that doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground with respect to things mechanical and just sees "junk" in the warehouse. Then add in his boss telling him to "clean out the junk" and voila...you have a couple grand worth of spray rigs and pumping units chopped up and scrapped.

My wife will attest to how good the motor runs, she's screamed at me every time I've run it for fun.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Been eyeballin' that dumpster lately, Brian?

;D

No shame in it....hell, no sense in good stuff taking up space in the friggin' landfill.

Comment

A cast-iron pipe exhaust would be good......and LOUD.

Gotta find a replacement muffler for the old 8 HP B&S vertical-shaft on my late granddad's '76 Wheel Horse(Needs a headgasket, gets warm and dies).....the muffler rotted off eons ago, he fashioned hisown exhaust out of 2 elbows and a 12" straight length.

Has a nice cackle to it...LMAO....and will yank the front wheels in 3rd gear.

Comment

Working...
            X