General Lee Clone: Total Butchery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: General Lee Clone: Total Butchery!

Hey JB welcome.......lots of great guys hangin here.

What an unbelievable story!

Glad to hear things are working out......hey, maybe you can write off your
    losses to 'continuing education'

Comment

I took a look at the web site with the build pictures and in defence of JB666 the pictures looked pretty good. My friend owns a chassis shop and for some stupid reason he takes in street rod repairs from time to time. I tell him it is where greed overcomes common sense. Anyhow, 80% of the stuff that he trys to repair is pretty much just like the General Lee. Nice paint and a chrome and what you can't see from the curb is crap. What we like to call a 30 foot car.
      Have you ever noticed that the first thing a person does when they look at a street car is to look at the wheels and then the interior.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
        Hey JB welcome.......lots of great guys hangin here.

What an unbelievable story!

Glad to hear things are working out......hey, maybe you can write off your
        losses to 'continuing education'

Nah, I write off my losses to other things, most commonly known as stupidity.. Hell, I'm a Vette guy, what business did I have buying a 40 year old Mopar with no knowledge of what I was looking at.. I should have sent someone over, but I was convinced that this was "THE ONE" for me.. Wow, was it ever.... It sure took a nice picture!! Everyone that saw it (except for a couple of HONEST friends in the body industry) said the car looked incredible.... Hell, I still look at the pictures and laugh at how naive I was, falling in love with the "flash".

It just goes to show, you can put a prostitute in a nice dress, but at the end of the day, you know what you've got..

Check out KrazyFlake.com!! New pictures being added daily!!

http://www.krazyflake.com/gallery/index.php/

Comment

VD

Get your mind out of the gutter....I'm thinking "Valance deficiency"!

JB...since you're local and all, I think once the spring rolls around, a road test feature for the readership will be due. The smile you'll have burning tire with the big Hemi will probably be too wide to capture on film!

Your call, but as we cover the resurrection of the car here, it would be a fitting end eh?

I'm just up the road from Jon in Abington BTW.

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Great idea!!! Count me in.

Comment

Welcome aboard JB.....I can't wait to see this one....I might make it up that way next summer....Would love to get a ride too.

Seth
              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
                Welcome aboard JB.....I can't wait to see this one....I might make it up that way next summer....Would love to get a ride too.

Seth
                you're on!!!

Comment

Good deal....I'll give you a ride in my 64' Chevelle

Seth
                  200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Man, I sat down and read through that yesterday.
                    It kinda left a dirty taste in my mouth. ???
                    Thanks DF for sharing.
                    Chris

Comment

Thanks to "Scoop" Lohnes for the interesting read!

I just finished reviewing the 30 pages of thread from the supplied link.

To say that malfeasance was afoot is like saying the Titanic is "slightly water-logged"....MASSIVE understatement.

I'll be awaiting a follow-up on the finished product come springtime, and welcome to the site JB666!

Tell your buddies, the more the merrier.

*the pictures from the half-assed build from BK Auto would've made for a KILLER episode of Violation Game*

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
                        Thanks to "Scoop" Lohnes for the interesting read!

I just finished reviewing the 30 pages of thread from the supplied link.

To say that malfeasance was afoot is like saying the Titanic is "slightly water-logged"....MASSIVE understatement.

I'll be awaiting a follow-up on the finished product come springtime, and welcome to the site JB666!

Tell your buddies, the more the merrier.

*the pictures from the half-assed build from BK Auto would've made for a KILLER episode of Violation Game*
                        Thanks!! I can't wait to see the finished product either , believe me!!!

I just noticed that on the "front page" (here), it reads dodgechargerS.com . Minor technicality, but it's Dodgecharger.com -- The supplied hyperlink helps get people to the right location either way.

I'd love to have seen this car get massive media attention for the way it was sold, but I didn't have the time to wait -- So I did the next best thing, document it's SECOND restoration, this time being the PROPER method...

Can you imagine having that much $$ into a car and getting that??

I can remember the day before I went down and got the car, I called the owner of BK Auto to get some history of the car.. The owner, Thomas, told me "You can drive this car anywhere. Hell, fly down and drive it home, have some fun! Hit a few car shows on the way home and show it off!!", then a few minutes into our conversation he says "Brian (The guy he built it for) was a total cheapskate.. He wanted a sema show car on a minimum wage build budget, so don't expect this thing to be PERFECT. It's a great show car but NOT a sema show car".

I figured ok, for $90k+ this car ought to be pretty damn nice, especially after seeing the "restoration page" they set up... So, armed with a trailer and a wad of cash, the wife and I hit the road and drove all night....

The car then spent 3 full weeks in my buddy's shop having everything from the front end to the gas tank replaced. Yes, HE sent me out the door saying "The car's going to be a lot of fun, go enjoy it!", and he MUST have seen things like the gas tank supports being 99.99% rotted off the car.. But oh well, that's water under the bridge too.

The point is that the car's in the right place NOW, finally. It's being resurrected the way it deserves and the way it SHOULD HAVE BEEN the first time... But this time, it's in the hands of a competent builder.

Comment

drop your pants and grab your ankles..... :

al
                          "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

I think we need to start a thread just of scamers. I know of a engine shop in Indy that could be added to it!

Welcome to the site JB666, sorry to hear about this deal, but you are doing it right now. Cant wait to see it finished, and hope that BK gets what they deserve.

And I gotta say a big OMG to this

Rotted frame rails covered in fiberglass.. Check out the "patches" and the holes. In person this rail is disgusting.

-There were rust spots in teh rails, almost completely confined to the rear, behind the axle and under the trunk. you can even see in the photos its mostly complete, with holes dotting teh rails. They were blasted to remove exterior rust, glassed over to make them appear smoother and undercoated. the trunk rails are not structural to the car. 99% of the weight and structure supporting i done between the front and rear wheels. this could have been done alot better, but as it has little importance to the track or structure of the car this is an area where money was saved.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedJunkee
                              I think we need to start a thread just of scamers. I know of a engine shop in Indy that could be added to it!

Welcome to the site JB666, sorry to hear about this deal, but you are doing it right now. Cant wait to see it finished, and hope that BK gets what they deserve.

And I gotta say a big OMG to this

Rotted frame rails covered in fiberglass.. Check out the "patches" and the holes. In person this rail is disgusting.

-There were rust spots in teh rails, almost completely confined to the rear, behind the axle and under the trunk. you can even see in the photos its mostly complete, with holes dotting teh rails. They were blasted to remove exterior rust, glassed over to make them appear smoother and undercoated. the trunk rails are not structural to the car. 99% of the weight and structure supporting i done between the front and rear wheels. this could have been done alot better, but as it has little importance to the track or structure of the car this is an area where money was saved.
                              Yeah, frame rails are not NEEDED on a car, they are just "along for the ride", as I was told by BK..

I've updated my thread over there with some new pictures, but you guys will ALL be jealous, check out this amazing weld work... Some of BK's finest.

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
                                Good deal....I'll give you a ride in my 64' Chevelle

Seth
                                With my motor(460BBC), Indyshiftmans tranny and converter, and hopefully a 9" from
                                my freind in Ohio.

JB, welcome aboard. Some of the greatest automotive repair, and performance aftermarket
                                are here.
                                I hope you enjoy it here.

Sorry about the car, I've seen it too many times.

Comment

Working...
                                X