• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: General Lee Clone: Total Butchery!

Originally posted by min301
    Originally posted by fahrenschnell
    Good deal....I'll give you a ride in my 64' Chevelle

Seth
    With my motor(460BBC), Indyshiftmans tranny and converter, and hopefully a 9" from
    my freind in Ohio.

JB, welcome aboard. Some of the greatest automotive repair, and performance aftermarket
    are here.
    I hope you enjoy it here.

Sorry about the car, I've seen it too many times.

Thanks for the welcome!! And don't be sorry, it's all working out perfectly!!
    Check out KrazyFlake.com!! New pictures being added daily!!

http://www.krazyflake.com/gallery/index.php/

Comment

Man, what a pisser. Glad you are getting things worked out for the better.
      Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by JB666
        Originally posted by SpeedJunkee
        I think we need to start a thread just of scamers. I know of a engine shop in Indy that could be added to it!

Welcome to the site JB666, sorry to hear about this deal, but you are doing it right now. Cant wait to see it finished, and hope that BK gets what they deserve.

And I gotta say a big OMG to this

Rotted frame rails covered in fiberglass.. Check out the "patches" and the holes. In person this rail is disgusting.

-There were rust spots in teh rails, almost completely confined to the rear, behind the axle and under the trunk. you can even see in the photos its mostly complete, with holes dotting teh rails. They were blasted to remove exterior rust, glassed over to make them appear smoother and undercoated. the trunk rails are not structural to the car. 99% of the weight and structure supporting i done between the front and rear wheels. this could have been done alot better, but as it has little importance to the track or structure of the car this is an area where money was saved.
        Yeah, frame rails are not NEEDED on a car, they are just "along for the ride", as I was told by BK..

I've updated my thread over there with some new pictures, but you guys will ALL be jealous, check out this amazing weld work... Some of BK's finest.

Dam, I think my dog could weld better than that! Someone need to revoke there rights to be around cars even........lol

I am still trying to figure out how a movie car is different than any other restoration. I would think that the movie car would be better than a regular restoration, or at least the finer details.

Comment

Oh, I know.. I'm baffled by BK's latest round of replies to me, via email. Check out my latest post(s) on the Charger forum.. You won't believe it.

Comment

I am still trying to figure out how a movie car is different than any other restoration. I would think that the movie car would be better than a regular restoration, or at least the finer details.
            The director can control what you see, so there's no need to spend money on any part of the car that you won't see. And if the car is only seen in glimpses during high speed maneuvers, it doesn't need to look good. Not at all like a car that would be restored for car show judging, or to please a meticulous owner.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Movie cars are butchered worse than any dead-broke dirt-track racer could ever scheme on his own. They are just props. They have to look good and that's it. Never buy a movie car.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                The director can control what you see, so there's no need to spend money on any part of the car that you won't see. And if the car is only seen in glimpses during high speed maneuvers, it doesn't need to look good. Not at all like a car that would be restored for car show judging, or to please a meticulous owner.

??? Why not? I've seen quite a few at local shows over the years that were VERY well built and show worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger

Movie cars are butchered worse than any dead-broke dirt-track racer could ever scheme on his own. They are just props. They have to look good and that's it. Never buy a movie car.
                  Couldn't agree more!

Comment

??? Why not? I've seen quite a few at local shows over the years that were VERY well built and show worthy.
                    If it's well built and showworthy, then it wasn't built just to be in a movie. Someone wanted a nice car.
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel

If it's well built and showworthy, then it wasn't built just to be in a movie. Someone wanted a nice car.
                      Ohhh, I'm sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying.

Comment

I mean what is the difference between building a clone movie car. I understand not spending alot of money on something that will be totaled or repainted for another movie.

Comment

Working...
                        X